VI. MR. HAMSTER...

WORD COUNT: 1033

Y/N and Taehyung were utterly wound up in their inane conversation of what tastes better - strawberries with cream or strawberries with chocolate to detect an intruder standing near their table. They were behaving like being cast under a spell to give a care in the world about the person waiting to seek their attention. The person was in all decency knocking on their table with his knuckles. But all his efforts were in vain because the two diplomats didn't seem the least bit deterred. In the end when nothing seemed to work the invader finally clapped his hands in their faces to get them out of their la la land.

Y/n and Taehyung were startled to say the least, they were stupefied. Taehyung was so enraged that he was about to punch the guy, but Y/N pulled him down to sit beside her and enquired the interrupter, "Hi! Who are you and how may we help you?"

"Oh! hey, sorry to interrupt you guys so rudely." He said and looked at Taehyung, who only glowered in response. "But you guys were too busy to notice me knocking on the table." He continued. Y/N looked at him apologetically, "I am really very sorry, and he is too." Y/n said nudging Taehyung with her elbow signaling him to apologize. But before Taehyung could deny the guy spoke, "Oh! no you don't need to apologize. So now that I have your attention, I would like to say what I came here for." Y/N was listening to him with utmost inquisitivity while Taehyung was least interested, looking out of the window. "Yes. Please." Y/N said. Taehyung hated it when someone stole Y/N's attention which was meant for him. A small pulse ticked in his lower jaw, and he just wanted to pummel the annoying guy with pillows. (Of course, he couldn't be too harsh, Y/N wouldn't like it).

The guy proceeded with putting his hand out for a handshake, "So hi Y/N, I am Lucas." The cute guy with bangs said. "I study in the same class as you, but you might have not noticed because I was absent for quite a few days now. But I just wanted to confess that I like you and I've liked you since the first time I saw you in our class." The moment the word "like" left Lucas's mouth, Taehyung's ears perked up and his head turned at the speed of light. He was yet again fuming in anger but tried and controlled himself in front of Y/N as best as he could. It didn't seem that he put much effort into it because he was just one step away from pouncing on Lucas and knocking him down. Lucas's bright smile seemed the most punchable smile in the world to Taehyung right now.

To Taehyung's dismay the idiot still had some add-ons. "No need to answer right away. Please take your time." Lucas yet again flashes his cute, dimpled smile which is getting on Taehyung's nerves. Taehyung just couldn't hold it back anymore and how could he? that Lucas guy had the audacity to ask his girl if she likes him? How dare he? He already was ready to burn lasers through Lucas's head as he had already imagined. That darned halfwit. So, he finally burst out, "She doesn't like you, so f***ing get lost before I kick your a**." Oooooh!!! Jealousy. Jealousy. 😏 "What are you doing, Taehyung?" Y/N said tightly smiling and glaring at Taehyung. If Y/N hadn't had interrupted, both Taehyung and Lucas would have been at each other's throats. She didn't want Taehyung to talk rudely to Lucas because Lucas had done nothing wrong. She didn't like hurting people. It made her sad to see people upset because of her. She also wasn't able to grasp why Taehyung was behaving all worked up. (naïve Y/N 🤦‍♀).

Ignoring Taehyung, Y/N turned to Lucas, "I am really sorry for his boorishness." She genuinely was embarrassed and apologetic.

"No, it's absolutely fine. You don't need to apologize. And we can definitely talk later. We have our chemistry class together. So, let's talk while we get there." Lucas said smiling. How I want punch all his perfect teeth out right now, Taehyung thought. "Okay." Y/N said smiling "Again". Why is she being all smiley with him. She didn't even spare me a glance when we first met. What's so special. He isn't even handsome. He looks like a hamster🐹. She left the treasure (Taehyung) out in the open to rust and is all concerned about the treasure guard (Lucas), Taehyung thought.

"Chemistry class it is then." Y/N gave a thumbs up and smiling yet "Againnnnn". "See you later. Y/Niiieee" Lucas waved and left but not before throwing a smile at Y/N. "Bye. See you later too." Y/N said and (y'all know how she reacted.😑) she smiled for the zillionth time.

Lucas had already burst Taehyung's patience meter, yet the dolt had to smile at Y/N. Taehyung's Y/N. This fueled up Taehyung's anger beyond limits. He just couldn't sit around idly doing nothing when someone is wholly determined to steal his girl, now could he?

So, he stood up almost immediately pushing hischair a little too harshly making it creak. Y/N looked up at him questioningly.He excused himself from Y/N, leaving her dumbfounded. Taehyung followed Lucasand caught up with him in an empty hallway. Now, now. Where's mypopcorn. Our hero's on fire 🤭🤭.

***

Really sorry my updates are slacking but I have been really caught up in work. I have written this chapter in bits and then compiled. Forgive me for the mistakes.

What do you think about this chapter guys? Do let me know.

What do you think our good-looking lead would do to the hamster (Lucas) as per him? Do let me know in the comments below. 👇

Do vote⭐, comment 💬 and share ➡️ my book if you really like what I write.

Share your thoughts with me at my Instagram ID: books_get_me_hooked. wattpad.

BORAHAEYO 💜.