XXII. NO BOXY SMILE....

WORD COUNT: 1240. 

In the classroom:

Y/N's POV –

I was in the classroom waiting for Taehyung. Come to think of it, Taehyung has been behaving strangely since last night. When we parted our ways, he didn't hug me like he always does neither did he give me his signature boxy smile, nor did he pass any snarky comment at how he excelled or basically killed the dance with his fatal moves. Hoping that it was just the exhaustion and wooziness making him lethargic, I let it slide. I tried not to read too much into things last night but when today morning I had called him to ask if he'd like to twin outfits with me and as always, I had expected him to give me an overexcited 'yes' but much to my displeasure he had spared himself an excuse. I assumed maybe he was just sleepy and didn't grasp what I was asking because of course, it was quite early. I had been woken up early than the word early all thanks to that coconut head and because I had been very rudely woken up, I thought why not let Tae join the party.

Still that single reason wasn't enough for me to confront him though it was getting on my wick. So, in order to understand if something was really disturbing him and being the reason for the absurd responses spluttering out of him, I tried approaching him again.

When I came to the school, I didn't find him at the gate. He always waits for me there so we could walk in together. I supposed him to be late but when the second bell went off signaling it will soon be time for the class, I headed in.

I was at the lockers getting my stuff also hoping for him to come and greet me so that we could walk to our class together. But again, he didn't show up. I, at long last spotted Taehyung at his locker looking so out of it. He seemed sapped and worn out. It was so shattering. 

I called out to him but maybe he didn't hear or very professionally ignored me

So, back to the present. I was still waiting on him. I needed answers. And I needed them ASAP. I wasn't letting him off the hook so soon. You've got a lot of explaining to do Mr. Kim. Perhaps, I was overreacting, but this behaviour was so unfitting when Taehyung was in picture. I know he might be wanting to have his privacy and deal with his things on his own, but I was here to help. That's what friends are for, aren't they? And for me, he was more than just a friend. I was gonna poke my nose, put my leg or actually every bit of me in his business because hell, I loved the guy and as much as his pleasures are mine equally are his troubles. I am stuck to him like an octopus, and he needs to know that. I'll make sure he does.

+*+*+*+*+*

Y/N's POV –

The class had started and still Taehyung was nowhere in sight. Oh, wait, there he was. He was ten minutes overtime still, Ms. Sooha didn't object and let him in. But why is he sitting in the front row and not at his regular seat that's beside me. I tried calling him sneakily and I knew he could hear me because when I beckoned him, his temporary bench mate turned towards him to let him know that I was calling out for him by guiding her hand in my direction, but the nerve of that little prick to openly overlook me. I was pissed and all of this behaviour of his, was driving me nuts but more than that, it was making me worried sick. The reason of 'what was pestering him' was eating me away. Why did he feel so aloof and withdrawn all of a sudden?