IX. LET THIS PEASANT TAKE A NAP...

WORD COUNT: 1169

At the library:

Y/N and Taehyung walked in on an almost empty library as it was time to log off. Students were filing out of the school. Though students could stay back and study, but nobody actually did.

"Buttercup you go ahead and find seats for us. I'll just be back."

"Where are you going?" Y/N questioned.

"It'll just take 15 minutes." Taehyung bargained.

Y/N's POV (in mind): Can't he just tell me where was he marching off to? He always does this... leaving me all by myself when we come together. He could have got his "important" work done later but no; he finds pleasure in walking out on me whenever we complement each other. He is such a meanie.

While Y/N was busy effing and blinding Taehyung, he came and placed two hot chocolates and lots of her dearie munch-ons in front of her.

This was Taehyung's sure shot plan on bringing back Y/N in good spirit and fill her merriment. Food was her first love and he knew it all too well. He was so acquainted to this habit of hers by now that whenever she got upset or tired, he thoroughly knew the only way to make her, her bright and breezy self again lies only in the power of food.

His plan did seem to work its magic because once Y/N saw the snacks and the hot chocolates all her prior curses and complains were brutally pushed off the cliff. She was now the sweetest, kindest and the purest soul you'll ever find on Earth. Food does wonders and Y/N here was the live specimen.

Y/N was busy ogling over the food and contemplating what to have first while Taehyung was just silently staring at her with fondness. Y/N was completely engulfed in planning her devouring list while gazing at the food with heart eyes until Taehyung cleared his throat finally reaping her attention. Y/N who had totally forgotten his existence had ultimately acknowledged the possessor of the foods and drinks lying in front of her.

She reluctantly tore her gaze away to look at Taehyung when her brain commanded that she needed to thank him. So, she immediately got to work.

"Thank you so much Tae. You know exactly how to cheer me up when I am feeling low. You are the best. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me buttercup. As I said I'll always have your back and I'll always help you when you are struggling. So, you don't have to thank me because I am just keeping my promise." Taehyung smiled. She smiled in response. They stared at each other without blinking. The atmosphere was heating up with each passing second. They just couldn't look away. Their eyes held too much emotion. Their moment came crumbling down when Taehyung cleared his throat and said, "Okay, so let's start." He broke the eye contact because if he waited for another second, he could have lost control and which in turn could only mess things up. He didn't want to make Y/N uncomfortable because of his stupid desires. Though it wasn't only for desire but out of pure love. They were doing just fine as friends. He can definitely wait for the right time but now was not the time. He was willing to wait for Y/N, to make sure she is okay and feels safe around him.