XXIII. I-I HATE YOU...

WORD COUNT: 1154.

She literally threw all the stuff in her bag and dashed out of the class behind Taehyung. His long legs do serve him some good purpose. In not less than a minute, he was at the end of the hallway. She sprinted to reach him. Huffing and puffing, she barely pushed the words out, "Tae, I wanna talk."

+*+*+*

+*+*+*

Jungkook also followed behind her but kept his distance. He had sensed a strong tension between Tae and Y/N and wanted to make sure she was okay. She is quite the emotional kind, and he was more than aware of it. Jungkook had understood by now that Taehyung meant life to Y/N.

The hallway was unpeopled when Taehyung stopped in his tracks and faced her with an icy cold expression. "Why are you doing this? Why are you avoiding me? Why are you turning your back on me?"

She reached out for his hand, but he yanked it away. "Stay away from me. Do not talk to me and stop following me. Who do you think you are to bombard me with so many questions?" Taehyung chewed out.

"Is something troubling you, Tae? You know you can talk to me, right? Did I do something? Did I say something to hurt you? Please tell me

"Is something troubling you, Tae? You know you can talk to me, right? Did I do something? Did I say something to hurt you? Please tell me. Talk to me." She was on the verge of tears.

"Shut up. Just shut up. Don't sweet talk to me. Stop faking your concern for me. I need no one. I don't need you when you are eventually going to leave so just do it right now. Be gone from my sight till we complete our graduation. I don't wanna see you. You make my blood boil." Taehyung bit back even more offensively.

"Hey! Hey! Chill dude! She was concerned." Jungkook hopped in defending her.

Tae's POV –

Hah. See he's here. Her saviour. The one who'll save her from me. Like he's doing now.

Author's POV –

"Yeah! Yeah! Help her. Comfort her. And then what she'll be all yours. Oh wait. Isn't she already?" Taehyung remarked nastily.

"Why are you being so rude? You never talk like this. What's distressing you? Pl~" Y/N still tried to talk him into telling her what was wrong.

"Y/N I am telling you for the last time, don't ever cross paths with me again. I-I hate you." He said indecently, keeping his voice firm to prevent it from wavering.

"Tae why are you doing this? I am so sorry

"Tae why are you doing this? I am so sorry. I don't know what happened but still I am sorry. Please go back to how you were. Let's go back to how we were?" She pleaded with eyes which started to glisten due to tears.

He didn't wait to listen. Turned his back on her and left.

She was incapable of holding back anymore. She was in tears. Blubbering and sobbing continually. She lost her balance and was about to collapse on the floor when Jungkook came and held her up by her shoulders.

"Tae!!!" She yelled stretching her hand out in hopes to grab the last of her hopes. Only to get it back in an empty fist which ended up grabbing nothing but loneliness beside her form. She was losing it. She was breaking down, subsiding even.

*+*+*+*

Kookie takes her to the school lawn. They sit there in complete silence. No one bold enough to break the decorum. She felt so hurt, so broken. Jungkook was mindful of the fact that she liked Taehyung and watching him behave like that definitely left her devastated.

She starts bawling again. "Hey. Hey. Hey. Don't cry. You look like a momo with tears in your eyes." Jungkook tried lightening up the mood. He knew how food could revive her essences but today even food would turn out to be a downright flop shot. She gave a glare-pout to him with her cheeks turning a strawberry red and her cute little nose turning a cherry red due to crying. It didn't seem a tiny bit funny to her.

"What did I do wrong, Kookie. Everything was so perfect. We were so perfect. What changed? What crumbled that he doesn't even wanna see me. I feel so hopeless and pathetic. He clearly wants to cut out all relations we ever had without giving me an explanation, which I think I totally deserve, but still, I am ready to overlook it and go back to him. Why did I have to fall for him? Why doesn't any other guy interest me anymore? Why is my world colourful and complete when he is around? Why does it suddenly seem so dark and cold? Why does my heart ache so much?" she strains out between her sniffles.

"I had planned on proposing him on his birthday. It had always been so bewildering yet so stimulating to hide the gifts from him. Always trying and finding new places so he doesn't get a whiff. It was such a thrill because he always hung around. But what now? He won't be there now. What am I supposed to do? Is it all over? All those moments we spent. The memories we made. The compliments we received. Was it all for nothing. Does love always give so much pain or was it never love? Was I misinterpreting things, making a rainbow without the sun. I don't wanna go through this. Why does it feel like I am having break-up? Please do something to numb the pain? It's agonizing. It feels like someone is stabbing me, slicing my heart. I already miss my goofy bear. His ignorance is like a harsh jab to my chest. No amount of tears seem to anesthetise the agony. It's still all the same. If he is facing a problem, he could've told me. I swear I would've understood. I just can't come in terms with the fact that he really wants to mercilessly push me out of his life." She chokes out. The tears never knowing a sojourn.

Jungkook hugs her in comfort of letting her know that there is someone to whom she can vent out and that he is by her side.

"Calm down Y/N" Jungkook pleads.

+*+*+*+

Someone was furtively keeping an eye on them. 

+*+*+*

Hey guys,

I hope you the chapter. I know it's getting rough but trust me you'll soon have the flowery chapter. What do you think will they come together, or will they go they their separate ways? Will Y/n end up with Jungkook or maybe someone new? Does she really have to forget Taehyung? Do hit me up in the comments below.

Also wanted you guys to know that I started writing random One-shots and I have posted my first chapter. It contains smut. Do check it out and let me know.

Do vote, comment 💬 and share ➡️ my book if you really like what I write.

Share your thoughts with me at my Instagram ID: books_get_me_hooked. wattpad.

BORAHAEYO 💜.