𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚖 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢

*Keep in mind that I started this series in 2021, so it'd be weird to suddenly change the date to 2022*

A Month Later

November, 22nd, 2021.

Author's P.O.V

Ever since that day, everything seemed to be going smoothly.

So very smoothly.

Beomgyu got better, and his life wasn't solely focused on trying to anger his parents. He grew happier and a lot of the rot that lived inside of him subsided. All he could ever think about was Ryujin. She was his top priority.

He wasn't even shy to say that he loved her.

And Ryujin wasn't either.

And as you've seen, Ryujin has grown as well. She's greatful, happier and amazed with how different her life was back then. All her struggles are gone, evaporated into the air, leaving her to finally make some room for joy.

Happiness.

A crave that she can't get enough of.

It improved her life.

Ryujin wasn't bitter anymore. She's better now.

So much better.

Yeonjun and Yeji declared that they were dating and it had such an impact. Because the two couldn't stay away from each other, but also couldn't leave their friends It brought them all together. It felt nostalgic for Yuna, and everyone except for Yeji, Lia, and Ryujin. It brought back memories and a lot of the bad ones.

They always silently reminisced.

Although it was still awkward, when they got together to hang out, It didn't really feel like a group, more like 5 pairs of people in one room.

Though it was still a lovely month.

Until it wasn't.

Monday Night -- 2:16 AM

Ryujin's P.O.V

I'm sleeping.

Comfortably.

I love it, and I've gotten used to the feeling of the rush of joy in my chest. It soothes me, and coddles my nightmares, whispering them to leave me alone. I don't remember having any nightmares or trouble sleeping at all. Well, most of the time, Beomgyu and I sleep over at his place.

I don't think we're friends.

But we're not dating either.

I think he knows, that I know, that we know that that isn't what we need right now.

This original deal has now just turned into our own escape.

Though, for me, there's nothing to escape anymore. Except for the stress of my classes. Other then that I'm good.

I'm sleeping.

Uncomfortably.

Someone's hand is gripping my shoulder, pinning me so that I can't move. 'Why can't I move?!' I think feeling the moment my lips part to say something, to shout. I forgot.

I'm forgetting.

And I'm remembering.

I relax the tension in my limbs, but it's impossible. I know that touch, I forgot that touch. 

Chris.

The cold metal of the tip of a gun is softly pressed against my forehead. My sweaty forehead, dripping down my nose, and onto my lips. My eyes stay closed, but he forces them open when he presses his gun harder. I catch a glimpse of a still sleeping Yeji, and the open window.