𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒉

The Next Morning -- 7:09 AM

Beomgyu's P.O.V

All I can remember is crying. 

Muffled crying.

As if someone were trying to hide their screams.

The sound was unfamiliar at first, until it all started to become clear. 

My eyes squinted and then eventually shut, my muscles felt so sore and achy. I struggled, there was a weight on top of me that I couldn't comprehend until I looked at her. Her black short hair was buried in my chest whilst she fisted her hand, as if she could never let go. My brain was like goo in my skull, and I closed my eyes once again. I'm not sure she noticed that I was now conscious.

When I let out a sigh, Ryujin snapped her head up to look at me. Eyes wild, red, and teary.

That's when I opened wide, she was unhinged. She looked as though she had been recked and messed with, totured even. Her tears caused the pain in my chest. 

"Beomgyu?" She questions, scared that I'm not alright, I don't answer.

I'm breathing raggedly now. "My head hurts a lot" I finally answer when  she gets up from my chest. Only to find out she's straddled me. Her smile is soft,  and another tear glides down her face. 

"Where are we?" I ask, "In the hospital, you were beat up...remember?" She's that word like she doesn't want to remember or acknowledge what happened. All she does after that, is hug me. Her arms are around my neck, and her body against mine and she's holding me so tight that I can't precisely let go. "I thought you weren't going to wake up" Her sniffles are cute but broken, her voice breaks and she can't find the words to explain how guilty and scared she was. "Shh, it's okay, it's okay" I comfort, my hand patting her back, whilst I just notice the tubes attached to my hand, and the gauze wrapped around my other.

Ryujin sniffles some more, and we just stay there, attached to each other.

***

Ryujin fell asleep on me, and I adjusted my hospital bed so that we were comfortable.

The door opens and I'm greeted with Kai. Ryujin told me everyone was outside, waiting for me to wake up. 

I smiled, trying to show that I was fine despite my bruised and cut face. Instinctively, I hid my injured hand. "She wouldn't leave this room at all, we tried to say that you'd be fine, and we were right. But no one listens to me" Kai says sassily, trying to brighten the mood. I laugh gingerly, the laughter in my chest vibrating against Ryujin's head. 

"Do you mind if the others came in?" I shook my head with a grin, I was tired, really tired.

My bones felt heavy and I was tingling with the continuous memory of those punches, kicks and slaps that my body handled.

That I handled.

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" Yuna screamed when she entered the room, Yeonjun gave her a look, telling her that she needed to calm down. Ryujin tossed and turned but didn't wake up just yet. "What the hell happened?! And how'd you end up getting jumped?!" Taehyun said in a tone that felt like he was scolding me when really it was just worry. "Yeah, we were so confused and concerned when Ryujin called, sobbing, saying that you're hurt!" Lia exclaimed, her hands in her hair obviously frantic.