Chapter 9 - Kai

I'm carrying Tamsin up the stairs and I couldn't help but wonder what the fuck I was doing here. Why do I fucking care what she does with her life? Tamsin was becoming a pain in the ass. I see the way she looks at me and trust me; it doesn't bug me for a second what the hell she thinks in that crazy little head of hers.

But what the hell was I doing here?

I'm pissed. I'm pissed at her and I'm pissed at myself. This girl didn't drink, and she took in alcohol like water. Now, she was drunk.

Did I mention I'm pissed off?

I'm grumbling my frustration while I put her to bed. I dropped her down on the bed before I realized that I might have to tuck her in. Lifting her up while I moved the comforter around her. When I was able to cover her body, I straightened.

"Stop being so grumpy," she slurred.

I couldn't resist rolling my goddamn eyes.

"You're an idiot."

That got me a good shove in the stomach, but it did little other than push her back onto the bed. Then she covered her face with her hands and I heard sniffling! Sniffling! Oh my fucking god. I rubbed a hand over my face in frustration. I should just leave her in her misery.

"I hate you," she grumbled.

"No, you don't."

"Yeah? How would you know?"

"You don't hate me, because you consider me as a friend." I reminded her.

Her brown eyes fluttered open. She gazed at me with drunken, unshed, tear-glistening eyes. Her cheeks flushed from the alcohol and bow-shaped lips puckered.

Tamsin is a beautiful girl. Although nothing about her strikes as unique, she is a beautiful girl. When I look at her, I get pulled into those wide-eyed brown eyes. Those wide eyes look innocent, but they look upon me with judgement. Maybe that's why I knew her in the past, but never really know her. I hated the look in her eyes.

Tamsin interrupted my thoughts when her hand reached out to take hold of mine. She linked her arms through mine and yanked me down onto the bed. I fell on it awkwardly. Half of my body off the bed and the other half on the bed.

I looked and saw her looking back at me. A small smile appeared on her face. With her free hand, she slapped my face. I placed a hand over her hand to stop her from beating me up.

"So cute." I frowned immediately.

"Cute?" I grumbled.

Her smile widened, and she scooted closer to me. Our nose would brush against each other if she moved another two inches.

"You, Kai McGrath, are not cute." I nodded my head in agreement. I am not cute.

"You are hot, like not just hot hot. You are dangerously hot." I raised an eyebrow. Her hand was still on my face, but her fingers were free to move. She rubbed her thumb on my lower lip and ran her finger over my brow.

A second later, she slapped her fingers over my lips.

"Shhhhh...don't tell him I said that. He can be an egotistical jerk." Then she giggled and flopped back down on the bed. "But he is dreamy..."

Her expression changed to one of horrification and she covered her face with her hands again.

"Oh god, what am I saying?"

I shook my head. This girl should never drink. She was even more indecisive than when she was sober.

"I like Dean, not him."