Chapter 21 - Tamsin

Author's Note:

Guys, I'm a mother myself...and when I wrote this chapter...my motherly instincts were kicking in hard. I don't want to dictate anyone's decisions or lives, but I want to take this opportunity to say....If you are not 18 and over, do not fall for your sexual needs yet. Wait till at least 18 to explore. Also, SAFE SEX, ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM, REAL LIFE RELATIONSHIPS AREN'T ALWAYS GOING TO PERFECT LIKE BOOKS...so be smart, love yourself before loving others, and be safe. Don't fall for sugary words...both actions and words speaks a thousand languages. Look for warning signs and ALWAYS KNOW that is ok to say NO and not feel guilty.

Ok...with that off my shoulders...please...carry on. :)

--------------------------

In the past few weeks, I learned that there were many layers to everybody. Although on the outside, we might look like we have everything planned out perfectly, but that wasn't always the case. We never really know someone unless we talk to them.

Some people live their high school life as if it was the only year they have left. Their future was unpredictable. A few of them have everything planned out already. Others might enter the workforce right away after school. Whatever it was, we were different people with different paths.

Before Kai, I would have done what I could to fit in the perfect picture frame. I wanted to be perfect and Dean was perfect for me. He was what my parents would have found acceptable to date. It was what I found acceptable to my future. I wanted Dean because he was everything I wasn't. Lately, I've been questioning if my feelings for Dean were truly affection or were the feelings all based on admiration.

I shouldn't be here in a hotel room with Kai, but I was. There was a painful squeeze in my chest when I heard him on the phone. He sounded distraught and lost. Nobody should ever feel this alone.

When I saw him, I knew I made the right decision to come here. Who gives a crap what others think? He mattered to me, and that was the only thing that mattered.

When he revealed his past to me, my heart broke for him. No person should ever go through that kind of physical or mental abuse. The hard part was that Kai still loved his father. I saw it in his eyes. From my perspective, who could love a man who only showed abuse? However, I could see why Kai did. After all, he was Kai's dad, even if he was a cowardly bastard.

The wounds on his face looked painful.

All my questions stopped when Kai kissed me. I kissed him back until I remembered his injury.

"Your injuries..." I pulled back, but his right hand snaked to the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"It hurts less when you're here," he whispered against my lips before kissing me again.

He broke the kiss enough to brush his lips along my jawline. I shivered beneath his grazed lips. I felt him push me back to the middle of the mattress before pushing me down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and threaded my fingers through his hair. His face hid in the crook of my neck. I felt him latch onto my skin. My body lit up, and I moaned at the novel sensation. His tongue licked and sucked my skin skillfully.

A second later, he broke away from my neck to kiss me again. I could taste a hint of metallic and knew it was blood from his open wound. It should have thrown me off, but I wasn't. It tasted sweet and addicting.

There was something about kissing Kai. I feel an insatiable hunger to quench the fire inside of me. I felt him situated himself between my legs. With one hand on my thigh, he pulled it up. I could feel all of him on top of me and the hunger inside of me burned even more.