Chapter 19 - Tamsin

On the second day of spring break, it was a sunny and warm day. I kissed my parents on the cheek early in the morning and grabbed myself an apple. I told them I was going to hang out with some friends at the beach and probably won't be back till late before running out the front door.

Hopping down the steps, I got into the passenger seats of Avery's sports car. I invited her to join me today. We were going to travel an hour and a half down south of our town to spend some time at the beach.

When I got inside, Avery was wearing a pair of light ripped jean shorts and a white bikini top. She looked gorgeous with her platinum pixie haircut and tanned skin. I chose a black bikini set to wear beneath my black shorts and black tank top. I had my long black hair down to my back.

"Let's go." I put on my sunglasses.

Avery pulled out and drove off. On the ride there, we joked and laughed. At that very moment, I forgot all about what happened for a couple of days. I laughed more than I had in days and I realized how much I missed Avery these past couple of days. My laughter died down into a smile. We both glanced at each other and I could feel that we both felt the same.

I realized how grateful I was to have Avery in my life. I was also grateful to have Avery want to go to the same university as me.

"Thank you for being there for me," I blurted.

Avery glanced my way before smiling widely. "We have each other's back."

Those words were spoken by me eight years ago. Back then, Avery wasn't like this. She was a tomboy and had her hair cut very short. It wasn't easy for her to find herself. A lot of boys teased her when she wanted to play football with them. They would tell her to act like a girl. When she was bullied by them, I cut in front of her and shielded her from their attacks.

Afterwards, I said those words to her and we became friends.

When we arrived at the beach, it was full with a lot of teenagers and family. Avery parked her car in the parking lot and we both got out of the car. She slipped on her glasses before walking to the trunk with me. We both looked out to the beach.

"Looks like everyone had the same idea as us."

"There's so many people. How are we going to find them?" The trunk opened and I moved to grab my beach bag.

Them as in Benny, Devon, Nina, Chloe, and Kai. As if on cue, I felt a shadow loom over me. I turned and bumped into a very naked, tanned chest. I looked up to see Kai looking down at me. His eyes swept me over.

"Good morning," I said to him.

"Morning," he replied.

My eyes swept down his body. I took my sweet time, because why not? This body was out in the open and on display. He had on a pair of white swim trunks, riding low on his hips.

"Can we move it already?" Chloe asked irritably.

I glanced at her and realized that she could see what I saw. I moved to stand in front of Kai. He placed two hands on my shoulders. Devon was chasing Nina on the beach. Chloe stomped after them. Benny leaned into the trunk to help Avery.

"What are you doing?" Kai questioned.

"Oh, you know, blocking your body from everyone's view." I said openly.

He chuckled and wrapped one arm around my shoulder. Leaning down, he nipped my earlobe before whispering in my ear.

"I thought I told you there is nothing between Chloe and me. Are you still jealous?"

"Possessive."

He laughed before moving his hand down to grab me and used his other hand to grab my hand. We headed down the beach towards Devon and Nina, who were already setting up an area for us. When we got to the location, Devon and Nina were already setting up the umbrella and laying out the beach rug.