Chapter 13 - Tamsin

"Where are you taking me, Kai? We're supposed to complete our project tonight," I protested.

I really wanted to get the project out of the way. Maybe by removing what was bringing us both together, we could stop whatever was happening between us. I could then move on with my life.

Kai either heard me and didn't bother answering, or didn't hear me at all. He pulled into the big parking lot of KB Paintball. The parking lot had many customer's vehicles. Kai drove me to a corner of the parking lot, where we met Benny, Devon, Nina, and Clover.

They dressed the group in a similar color—black. Clover wore a matching leather jacket that matched Kai. Her black skater skirt and knee-high stockings fitted her perfect body nicely. She looked good—really good.

Devon tossed his cigarette when he saw us coming before standing up. Nina had a lollipop in her mouth. As soon as Kai parked, the group walked over to us. Nina pulled me into a tight hug.

"Hey, girl. I'm glad you could make it."

Kai didn't bother mentioning about the meetup. So, I'm not sure if I was glad that I could make it.

"Hey," I smiled at everyone.

When I looked at Clover, she looked me up and down before returning her attention to Kai.

"So, are we going to play the same teams as last time?" Clover asked. Obviously hinting that she's super close to everyone here but me.

"Fuck no," Benny argued. "You guys received an unfair advantage last time."

"Oh, c'mon. Don't be such a pussy, Benny boy," Clover teased.

I got off of the bike first and then handed Kai his helmet back. He took off his and hook them onto his bike before getting off himself as well.

"Now that you mention pussy, I enjoyed tasting yours last night, baby."

"Yeah, right. Keep dreaming, baby." Clover rolled her eyes.

"How about boys versus girls?" Nina asked.

"No way! That's an even bigger disadvantage!" Clover protested.

I shrugged my shoulders and stuffed my hands into my jean pockets. "I don't mind boys versus girls. Who's saying boys are better shooters than girls?"

Kai looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "You think you can beat me?"

"I say I will give you a run for your money." And Kai broke out into a smile. One corner of his lips lifted to an almost sinister smirk.

"Fine."

"I still think it's an unfair advantage," Clover said unhappily.

"Why? Cause you don't have Kai baby on your side? You need to learn to share sweet cheeks," Benny teased and wrapped his arms around Kai's left arm. Kai tried pushing him off, but he made a girly protest and held on tighter.

I smiled just as Nina pulled me toward the entrance of the building. There were a few people in front of us. We waited till our turn and paid for our session. The building had several large rooms. We could play with other teams or pay for our own private rooms. We paid to have our own private rooms.

The employee led us into a room to get dressed. We gowned up and put on our protective gear. When we were inside, we were each handed a gun.

The room had all kinds of walls and obstacles. There were tires, walls, drapes, wooden boxes, and steps. High on the center of the wall was a large countdown clock. Gaming music played in the background. I don't know why, but my heart was racing a million beats per minute. Excitement bubbled through me and my stomach did flips.