Chapter Two

It was 4:45, and Onyx had himself wrapped around Vasco, the black gray and white striped maine coon. They got him as a get well present for Bella, a large, two coated breed of cat. They got him when he was two months old, he was now five months and weighed about ten pounds. Onyx was now one, and he weighed 79 the last time Valentine took him to the vet.

The two got along like peanut butter and jelly, it was adorable to say the least. They where both extremely fluffy, and needed grooming four times a week, as well as professional groomers. They had to go across town for that one.

Valentine grabbed a granola bar from the pantry and played home decor as he waited for Jake to arrive.

It was 5:55 when he heard knocking on the door. Valentine got up from the island, and when to open the door.

Jake leaned in and gave Valentine a sweet kiss before walking in.

Jake walked over to the red and blue leash, and grabbed the blue one, giveing the red to Valentine.

Valentine got Onyx up and leash his collar, a dog tag with his name and Valentines phone number getting in the way a few times. Vasco had a coller of his own, but much preferred a harness when going for walks.

Going out the door calmly was a key step when going for a walk, going outside already on a one hundred was like parking out of your house at sixty-five.

It wasn't a good idea.

Walking the two wasn't trouble at all, they stayed besides them, didn't run off, and other pets didn't bother them.

They walked in peaceful silence. There was no awkwardness, nothing wasn't comfortable, everything felt natural. As it should be. They could talk for hours on end, but when the quiet rose between the two, it was always relaxing.

It was around 6:00 when they arrive back home, Valentine would give them water in a couple of traits and wait till 8:00 to feed them. While the big cat was technically Bellas, she would sometimes get home late, or wouldn't have time to walk Vasco. She'd text and ask if Valentine could do it, and would say to return the favor. She did a few times when he and Jake wanted to go out for a bit, so really it was a win-win.

Charlie greeted them with a hug when he saw them. They made small chat for a bit before Charlie left to his room.

With Charlie now gone, they made there way up to Valentine room, Onyx and Vasco following along.

Valentine flopped on his bed, and exhausted sigh leaving him.

"What?" Jake laughed, smiling at Valentine's dramatics.

"You know, I haven't stretched in a while," Valentine said, setting up.

"You do have a lot of space in your room," Jake noted, loing around at Valentines spacious bedroom.

Valentine got of his bed and ploped down in the soft carpet. Valentine exhaled before putting himself in position to do a front split.

Jake watched intensely as Valentine seeming effortless flexibility.

"Whoa," Jake gasped as Valentine when down on his stomach while still doing the splits.

"Interested are you pup?" Valentine chuckle, staying in that position for a minute.

"Fuck yeah," Jake didn't hesitate, Valentine moved to a atanding hamstring stretch. He streaded his back, before lifting his right leg up half way, then he leaned down his head touching his leg, and hands gripping his feet.