Chapter Three

● One week later ●

Valentine was laying on Jake's couch, looking at the side of Jake's face as he worked on a bike.

Valentine had called to let Jake know he'd be over. That was five hours ago and Valentine had said nothing to him besides a greeting and a kiss on the cheek. That being said when Valentine decided to finally say something Jake gave him his full attention.

"Hey," Valentine said, voice without it usual emotions.

Jake's admittedly stoped what he was doing and looked Valentine way.

Valentine always like that about his pup. He knew when he needed to be in the quite company of Jake, and when he needed to be given full attention, and Jake did it effortlessly.

"Yeah?" Jake asked. Valentine was quite for a few minutes before he sighed, seeming to finnlat make up his mide. Like he weighed the pros and cons if  saying this, and decided it was worth it.

"My sister is depressed," Valentine finally said. He knew this, of course. He had once been in the same sorry state before. He has no energy to get out of bed, not motivation to keep his eyes open, and no will to eat. See a therapist helped, but in the end it was his jiu-jitsu in the end  that gave him the will to keep one feet after the other.

"It's been hard on dad. She won't eat, she's starting to have nightmares, Vasco isn't getting he daily walks unless I take him, she won't come out of her room.... Charlie's scared." Valentine paused.

"What about you?" Jake asked after some time.

Valentine had to think about this question for some time. How did he feel? Certainly not grate, but Charlie was taking the bulk of it. He found it hard to truly care about his sister after what she had said. The words would play in his head when they got in a particularly harsh argument.

"I don't know. It's weird, y'know? Bella's never been like this before. I don't really know how to cheer her up.... I'm not good at emotional shit, my brain doesn't really know how to process shit like this. A hug is the best I can do, but I don't think a hug is what she needs." Valentine said trying to explain how he feels.

"What does she need?" Jake asked.

"Edward."

"The blood sucker," Jake sneered but Val only hummed.

"I think so. I can't help her, I don't know if I even won't to." Valentine said, his face contorted in confusion. "You know, I was depressed before." Jake said, seeming out of nowhere. "I think if she wasn't the main cause for my suffering, I would at least try." Jake eyes widened at the confession.

"She caused you to be.... depressed?" Jake croaked, hoping he heard wrong. Valentine only laughed sardonically.

"Yep, around the time mom said when wouldn't be able to come back to forks. It was already hard in me, she made it ten times worse." Valentine explained. Looking at it know, maybe Bella deserves it. Deserves to be in the empty void like he was.

"You want to talk about it?" Jake asked. While valentine was already talking about it, he want to know if he wanted to go into details with it.

Valentine shook his head, "No, not right now, pup." He answered.

"Ok." But it didn't stop Jake from getting walking over to Val, and getting on the couch with his.

Jake smothed down Valentine curly stands of hair, Val sighed and tired to some how get closer. He wanted the warmth of Jake's body to devour him, to engulfed him and hold him. That's what he needed right know, and it what Jake gave him.

It wasn't sexual, not overtly. This was merely for Vals comfort, and Jake was happy he could give it like this. Hold him and run his long finger in his hair, loving him in a way that showed he cared.

"I love you," Valentine mumbled again Jake's wramth, eyes closed and body relaxed.

"I love you to." Jake smiled, his wolf happy inside of his, his chest rumbling.

Valentine made him complete. It meant more the the mage knew.