Chapter 19

"Cool, let's go on this double date then," Jake said, nodding his head as if agreeing with himself. Valentine chuckle, slinging a hand around Jake's sholder.

They had ridden together on Vals bike and gotten the the beach in about fifteen minutes. Valentine parked in a empty parking spot, before he took They key out and kick down the kick stand.

"Where here bit early, let's go pick a spot, I'll call Cal," Valentine said. They looked around for a spot on the beach. The beach hadn't been overly full, so it was fairly easy to find a spot and settled down.

Val got out his phone, and Jake listened as he dial the numbers. On the second ring, Cal picked up.

"What's up?" Cal asked.

"What time are you guys comeing?" Valentine asked.

"Well be ther in about 10, I'll call you once we get there," Callum explained.

"Yeah, ok," and Valentine hung up. He looked over at Jake, before saying, "I'm guessing you heard then?"

"Yeah," Jake chucked, his heart speeding at the affectionate smile Val shot him.

"Good," Valentine said, before crawling closer to Jake, laying his forhead on the shifters sholder.

Jake couldn't help the sigh of contentment at Vals comforting weight.

_______

-Valentine POV-

When Benji and Cal got here, I could practically feel Jake's nerves skyrocket.

I gave his hand a gentle squeeze and a warm smile. "Dame dude, you really git taste," Callum said before he ploped himself into into sand. Valentine chuckle.

"It seems I do," Val replied , a sweet smile on his face.

"But seriously dude, Valentine has told us sooo many things about you," Cal said as Ben st down next to him.

"Hopefully all good," Jake joked, because he probably suspected the disappearing act he pulled probably subtract the 'good boyfriend' points.

"Mostly, although Valentine did say he'd spank you for me," Callum winked, making Jake face flare. Valentine watched the  interaction closely, seeming to all show positive signs.

Cal wasn't really know to have a filter, so that was that.

"Uh, nope! No spanking!" Jake squeaked out, his face so red it was almost comical. Valentine chuckle, his eyes fond.

"Sad, but there always next time," Callum exclaimed. Valentine's face grow pinkish, but poor Jake's was as read as a beatroot.

"Uo, I knew I remembered you!" Benjamin finally spoke, his excitement seeming to rally as he looked at Jake.

"You where Valentine's date to prom!" He exclaimed.

"Yesh, and your the nervous dude who wanted to ask Callum to dance," Jake said, a smile on his face. Benji laugh loudly, "Yeah, Dame I knew you look familiar."

The conversations when on, and Valentine could feel his heart trying to combust seeing his two best friends getting along with the love of his life. It was every thing he could wish for.

"Hey, dude, why did you go MIA for like two week," Benjamin asked the question one question that they really wanted to know.

Valentine looked to Jake, a small smirk on his face, wanting to see what his pup could come up with. Jake eyes flashed to Val's.

"Go on," Valentine incouraged, placing a hand on Jake's thigh and squeezed. Jake swallowed, before he open his mouth to explain.