Chapter Seven

Onyxs POV

Humans with magic are so weird. My human, Valentine, is currently rutting against his mate and bitting his neck like a chow toy.

I told you, weird.

Jake, his mate seems to like it, but when I bite Vasco like that, he clawed my cheek, hissing at me. Vasco has grate taste, so my human and his mate must be doing something wrong.

I remember when we first got Vasco, he was so little and tiny, but his claws where sharp. I know from experience.

He didn't much like me at first, but when I saved him from a pit bull when his was small, he seemed to be more trusting of me.

Vasco was kinda in the wrong though, but he was just a baby so the pitbull should have let him off easy instead of trying to make Vasco his next meal.

As I was standing protectively near Valentine bed, Vasco let out a evil hiss.

My eyes darted outside where I new he would be, but Valentine was right here and I had a duty to protect my favorite human. But then again the human was trying to devour his mate, so he wouldn't mind....

I barked, signaling my leaving before I trotted outside.

Vasco was of course being a little trouble maker, trying to claw to death a squirrel. My tail wagged fiercely as I watched Vasco on his hunt.

"Leave me alone evil cat!" The squirrel yelled voice shaking in fear. Vasco ignored him and launched at the squirrel, nipping him but failing to catch it.

Vasco hissed, before launching once more. The aquittel tryed to dodge him again, but Vasco chomped down on its fluffy tail and throw it a few feet away before launching at it aging while it was disorntated. This time Vasco sharp teeth pierced it neck and then he clenched down, killing it.

Vasco carried the dead carcass as he walked up to me.

I jumped on the overgrown cat, he hissed at me, not letting his food fall from his mouth.

I nipped his ear playfully, but the jumped up high, causing me to get thrown off of him. He licked his paw, and trotted to the doggie door, but he didn't go in.

Vasco looked at me, flicked his tail, then gesture inside. My tail wagged as I raced inside with him.

"Your not supposed to eat dead animals in here," I tell him. He does the equivalent of a eye roll the drops the dead anime on the floor.

"It not food idiot, It's a gift!" Vasco explains, his chest puffing up with pride and I don't have the heart to tell him that he'd just scare them to death.

"They'll love it!" I lie to the cat.

"I know!" He says smugly, his ego inflating. He picks the dead rodent up,, leaving a blood stain on the floor.

We trot to there room, and my human is still trying to devour him mate, the only difference is his hand deep down his mates jeans.

Vasco runs and gracefully leaped on the bed, spliting them apart before he let the corpses drop in between them, looking pround and gleeful.

Valentine jumped letting out a loud squeal that hurt my ears. There was deep gash in its neck. Jake eyes where wide looking at the squirrel, but he didn't scream. Wolfs kills bigger animals than this, there was this one time Sam took out a deer and brought it back to the pack.

Jake grimace a bit as he took the squirrel by it tail, and mumbled a "Good boy," to Vasco very obvious a lie.

"I just clean the sheets," Valentine groaned, as Vasco preened at the praise.

"Told you they'd like it,"

"I never doubted you."