Chapter 20

"What the hell," Valentine groaned. Jake mouth snaped shut, and he looked to where Valentine eyes where fixed on.

Bella was on top of the mountain, the one where Sam and his group had jumped from. She looked determined, but also anxious.

"Come on," Valentine said, standing up and taking off before Jake had tome to even blink.

"Stay here!" Jake order Benji and Cal with some supernatural authority that compiled humans to do as told.

Jake got up and was after Val in a heartbeat.

As Valentine ran, he grabbed Jake's hand, before all around them time stoped.

"What that-" Jake said as he looked around. Valentine hissed. He'd never tryed this before, and it took a toll on his focus.

Jake noticed, the clinch if vals teeth as he ran, the pain and slight exhaustion as he ran. The rin to the top of the mountains was not by any means a small one, there was no way Val would make it that far.

Jake huffed, before he turned into the giant brown wolf. Valentine of suprise turn into one of wonder and awe. He slnap out of it quickly, before he hope on Jake's back. Jame took of. The harsh wind almost know Valentine off, so he hid his face into the fur, keep focus as much as he could, but when so, he could feel himself starting to tired, and time started to flicker on and of, like a buffering video game.

When Jake going to the mountain, time had flicker so much Bella already plummeted in the water.

Valentine got of the wolfs back, but as he was about to jump in, Jake stoped him.

"No, your exhaust, so just saty here," he told him. Valentine was about to tell him that he could do it, but a wave if exhaust hit him. Jake gave him a smile before he dived into the water.

Valentine slump down onto a rock. He could feel his brain shuting down, before he past out.

_______

When Jake got Bella out of the water she was out, so he did the only thing he knew to.

Chest compressions.

And fuck mouth to mouth because that shit didn't work at all, just a trop many romantically movies put into the plot, but it be proven to do absolutely nothing.

"Wake up, Val would kill me if you died," Jake said as he plumped her chest.

Bella gag, water leaving her mouth as she coughed and splattered violently.

"What the hell where you thinking," Jake growled, when Bella calmed down.

She didn't answer, but Jake didn't care when he saw Sam.

"Valentines out, come on," and Jake was up and changing as he left Bella to same care.

_________

J

ake watched over Valentine like a hawk, not letting anyone but Emily check on him, and even that was harder said then done. He wolf was overprotective as hell, and honestly, so was Jake.

When Bella tryed to go into Jake's room to check on her brother, he'd nearly bitten her head off. This was all her fault, that selfish bitch.

Emile had said he'd just over used his power, and would be asleep for a couple of hour, but she'd check up on him to make sure biting was out of order.