Chapter 21

"Imma go," Bella said awkwardly as she got out of Jake's dad's truck. Jake had driven them home after Valentine had finished eating, and by the look Jake was giving Bella, he'd heard.

"Yeah, go," Valentine said, dismissing her like she was nothing but a fly on the wall.

Jake finally spoke when the car door slammed shut. "Your sister a bitch." Valentine laughed, no real murth in his voice.

"Yeah, she really fucking is," Valentine agreed.

Jake sighed, "you definitely got all the good genes." Valentine smirked, "I know." He went to grab the door handles, but Jake stoped him, reaching over to cover his hand.

"What?" Valentine asked his eyebrows raised.

Jake eyes was narrowed, his voice dangerously calm "There a vampire inside."

"Let's go inside then," Val answered, not seeming all that bothered. Jake chuckled, before he let his hand go, opting for opting his own side door instead.

"What is that good awful wet dog smell," Alice, if Valentine rember correctly grimaced. Valentine felt his anger spick.

"It's probably me," Bella said, but Alice gave her a unconvinced look.

Bella shifted on the couch, placing her hands in her lap "... it's Jacob" Bella admitted.

"Jacob who?" Alice asked.

"Jacob's kind of a werewolf," Bella said sheepishly. Alice smoked her lips, a unpleasant noice leaving her lips, "Bella, werewolfs are not good company to keep," Alice discouraged.

Valentine came into view, Jake next to him. "Speak for yourself," Valentine sneered. Alice gets up from the couch, examining Valentine like he was some sort of lab rat, a spark of hunger in her eyes.

"Stop looking at me like that," Valentine sneered, disgust riddling his voice.

Alice stiffened, as if she was caught with her hands and the cookie jar.

"Why are you here?" Jake asked, glaring at the vampire.

"Because apparently Bella died, I didn't see her get pulled out of the water" she said looking at Bella before she glared at Jake, sneering "I can't see past you and you pack of mutts."

"You want to say that again," Valentine steped forward, electricity zapping dangerously in his hands. Jake let out a sort of whimpering noice, and when Val looked back at him, he could see the lust filling his eyes like a drug.

Alice had a sort of weirded out look on her pale face, before she said, "I'll give you a moment." She'd clearly meant fir Bella to come to, but she stayed planted where she was, and Alice didn't try to pry her away.

"Letting vampires into our homes again Bella?" Valentine asked condescending.

"She can stay as long as she likes," Bella said softly.

"Are the other here?" Jake asked, sneaking a hand around Valentines waist.

"No, kust Alice," Bella answered.

"Qre they coming back?" Valentine questioned.

"No.... Not that I know of" she corrected.

Valentine groaned. "She looked at me like she wanted to eat me, fucking creepy." Valentine slumped.

"I'll kill her before I'd let that happen." Jake rumbled, rubbing his cheek on Val's.

"The phone ring, and because Jake was the closes, he'd grabbed it." Jake face grow cold, before a evil glint pierced his face, and God if Jake didn't think it was the sexiest thing ever.

"No, he's arranging a funeral," and then he'd hung up.

Bella got up, "who was that?" She'd asked. When Jake didn't answer, Valentine tilted his head.

"Bella!" Alice barged in.

"He thinks your dead, Rosalie told him why I was here" Bella seemed two put two and to together.

"Why didn't you let me talk to him!" He yelled, sending a venomous glear at Jake. "Didn't really cross my mind," Jake shrugged.

"Bella! He's going to the Valtory... he wants to die too." Bella eyes widened, and she didn't hesitate to grab Alice and demanded she'd take her to him.

"I kinda want to go too," Valentine said.

"Ok," Jake huffed, a smile on his face.

Valentine shot a text of to his dad.

Val 8:32 -Bella ran away, me and Jake will probably be out for a few days trying to get her back

Yep, blaming it all on Bella seemed only fair at this point.

They had to ride in a private airplane to get there, and Alice drove them the rest of the way. He was kind of surprised that Alice didn't stop them from going.

Alice drove down the street like a rice car driver, Bella in the front, Val and Jake at the back.

Alice dissociated for a while, meaning what Val could only assumed to be a vision. He assumed right when Bella asked in a frizzy, "what did you see?"

"T-they refused him," Alice said.

"Soo" Bella drew out. Valentine was all ears.

"He's going to make a seen, show himself to the humans" Alice answered. Bella gasped, "but want he die?!"

"No, he want burst right into flames at first. He wants the Valtory to end him. He going to show his fanges and eyes and supernatural strength, he wont take his ring off." Alice assured.

"No! When?"

"He's gonna wait till noon," Alice told her.

"I really should have brought some popcorn, this is some good shit." Valentine whispered, making Jake chuckle.

"Why are they all wearing red?" Valentine asked.

"Saint Marcos Day Festival, they're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city." Alice answered  as Bella freaked out. "It's the perfect setting," Valentine added.

"Yeah, the Valtory will never let him get far enough to reviled himself."

"Five minutes!" Bella freaked.

"Just breath," Alice told her, before parking.

Bella got out of the yellow McLaren, about to run off before she noticed Alice wasn't moving.

"Alice!" She called.

"Bella your the only one he can't see coming, if I go he'll read my thoughts, he'll rush into it."

"Where do I go!?"

"He'll be under the clartell." And with that, Bella rush off.

"Welp, let's hope Edward lives to see another day," Valentine said with a shrug of his shoulders.

_______