Chapter 14

"Dame it!" Valentine hissed as he looked at the burning corpse on the ground. He'd wanted to test out some of the skills he'd learned, but the fire ball alliteration him in a instant. He'd have to work on that.

Valentine wasn't evil, he wasn't going to kill Laurent at first, but the he'd threatened Jake and that was it for the vampire. He'd grown a lot more over the months of training and it showed.

While he was weak in some parts of spell casting, like potions and a few phrases he was getting better. He was strongest in spells that required hand gestures and light as Laurent body showed.

Valentine sighed, going to Laurent body and snatching the sun protectant ring of his finger. His body the first in flames and then deteriorated, leaving nothing behind.

Emily had told him all vampires younger the eight thousand have them, and Laurent has one alright.

Valentine inspection the silver ring with a red diamond in the middle, it probably cost a pretty penny.

Getting up, Val headed home.

_________

Valentine heard a sound on his window. While he was still awake, having troubles sleeping when Jake was cuddled up next to him, it was still the middle of the night. He didn't want to be bombarded with clanking on his window.

He dropping his phone beside him before getting up of his bed. Going to the window he wasn't suprise to see Jake throwing pebbles at his window, what he was suprise at was that his pup was shirtless.

Valentine lifted the window, and Jake didn't hesitate do some fancy foot mojo to get up to the second floor. He ran up, jumping on the wall and using his speed, he ran up two steps before twisting his body and jumping onto a tree, before he propelled himself to Valentine's window, using his upper body strength to lift himself into Val's room with little to no sound.

"That's new," Valentine commented, giving Jake a quick once over, very much liking what he was seeing.

"S-sorry," Jake mumbled quietly, taking a step toward Val.

"For what? Ignoring my calls for two weeks or scaring me to death?" Valentine glared, but he didn't move away as Jake slowly embrace him, his head resting on his sholders and hand around Val waist.

"Both," he whispered softly into Val's ear, his words painfully honest.

Val squeezed his eyes shut as water tryed to cloud his vision. When he open them, he was pround to note they where clear.

"Why'd you come so late at night," Valentine asked, his voice calm but his inside anything but.

"We needed to see you," Jake answered, his hold around Valentine tightening.

"You and the that naughty wolf of yours?" Valentine couldn't help himself as he teased lightly.

"Yeah, we couldn't wait another second. Having to be away from you was killing us, but Sam wouldn't allow it." Jake explained, voice longing and sad with hint of bitterness in his voice.

"Let's sit, and you can explain it to me, ok?" While it was phrased like a question, it wasn't one.

"Yeah," Jake said, shaking his head.

They pulled apart, going to the queen size bed and sitting down. Jake was quiet for a few minutes, most likely getting his thoughts together.

"It's dangerous for a newly turn wolf to be by there mate for the first few weeks... the wolf is already experiencing new senses and sights and that make them on edge... easier to lose control. When Mike interpreted us I wanted to tear his throat out, I was going to. You stoped me, your voice and your eyes...." Jake had a pained look on his face, mixed with guilt and shame.

"The next day when I woke up, I was in so much fucking pain. The only thing I wanted with you, I wanted you to hold me and tell me it would be okay, but I knew I couldn't go to you. Dad ended up calling Sam and they coached me through my first turning. Though it's all kind of blurred, I know that when I was in my wolf form the only thing I had on my mind was getting to you. Sam stop me, he had to turn and pin me down. When I changed back my wolf wanted to kill him for it. My wolf was clawing inside of me, telling me to tear Sam apart and go to you..." The look in Jake's pained brown eyes could have broken Val.

"What happen?" Valentine incouraged, putting a hand on Jake and squeezing it.

"He told me it was to dangerous to go to you. I didn't believe him, I wouldn't hurt you and my wolf would rather die. Sam asked me a question, he said 'what do you think would happen if your wolf was to barge into your room and you freaked out and used a spell? Or you knew it was me so my wolf got to excited and accidentally hurt you?' Personally, I didn't care if you hurt me, but the thought of me accidentally hurting you and causing you pain killed me. I knew Sam was right, but my wolf still wanted you, so Sam had to sealed the deal." Jake swallowed thickly.

"Come on baby, tell me." Valentine prompted gently, rubbing soothing circles on Jake wrist.

"He told me how Emily got her scars. When Sam was newly turn, he got angry, shifted and slashed her. It was a accident, Sam wasn't even mad at Emily, but when he turned she was standing to close. Sam never forgave himself. I couldn't take that Chance, this time my wolf agreed." When Jake stoped talking this time Val new he was done explaining.

"Come here," Val order softly and Jake complied.

Valentine layed them down, Jake curled into his side while Valentine held him.

"Are we good?" Jake asked, looking up into Valentine eyes.

"Yeah, we're good pup." Val assured. They feel asleep like that, holding each other.