Chapter 20: Find Your Team

.
.
.
"Behold!"

For the second event, it will be human cavalry battle.

"Human cavalry..!"

"But that's not a game that works with players playing as individuals, how will it works?"

Midnight started to explain how the cavalry battle will works.

"You can all form 2-4 person teams freely and form a horse back configuration! Basically, it's the same rules as a normal human cavalry battle. Swipe enemy's rider' headbands and guard your own, except for one thing...

Everyone will receive points based on their performance in the last trial!"

"If it's anything like the entrance exam's points system then it'll be easy to understand."

"Which means that the point value of each human war-horse will change based on who's in it!"

Someone have the nerve to interrupt Midnight.

"Don't say what I was gonna say before I can!!! But yes, that's right! And the number of points you're worth will be 5 points if you placed 42nd, 10 if you placed 41st, 15 for 40th place, and so on... with the exception of 1st place, whose head is worth 10 million points!!!"

T-Ten million?!

Almost everyone glared at Midoriya and we could see that he's sweating a lot. He probably didn't expect that. No one did.

"If I were you, I'd aim for the guy who placed first... This is the chance for the low to supplant the high! Welcome to our survival game!"

Midnight explain how the game works. From the position to the points, time limits and all. The interesting part is that even if we lose our headband, we're still not out of the game. And of course, quirks are allowed.

"Alright, you now have 15 minutes until then! Start negotiating your team-ups!"

Well then, it looks like everyone started to find their own team. And I know most people want to win but still, why many people wanted to be in my team?! I know I'm placed in second but still!!

"Boboiboy, want to be in my team?"

"Boboiboy, please take me!"

"Boboiboy, we're friends right?"

"Boboiboy, we can be a great team together!"

Yeah... I hate this situation already. I looked around and I saw Bakugo and Todoroki were also got a lot of people asking to be in their team. I sighed.

Then, I saw Midoriya was struggling to find at least a single person to be in his team. I kinda feel pity for him. Well, how about I join him? But I will let down all of the people who asked me to be in their team.

I sighed for who knows how many times now.

"I'm sorry guys, but I have other plan in mind. I wish you luck."

Then, I went to Midoriya who was crying. Uraraka was also with him, trying to calm him down. From Uraraka's happy face and Midoriya's wide eyes, I concluded that he finally have a person in his team. Well, second people in the team wouldn't be that bad.

"Mind if I join too?",

The both of them looked at me in surprise.

"Boboiboy?! Weren't you finding your own team just now?"

Ah, they must have seen many people asking me to be in their team. I shook my head.

"I have the right to decline if I want to. Plus, I was planning to team up with you in the first place, Midoriya. And it will be double awesome if you team up with us too, Uraraka."

Why do I feel familiar with the word 'awesome'? It's just a word... right? I just shrugged it off.

"Uwahh, I feel so touched, Boboiboy!"

"Hehehe.."

Then, we decided to ask Iida to be in our team. You know, completing the group?

"As awesome as ever, Midoriya... but my apologies, I refuse. Ever since the entrance exam, I've been doing nothing but lose to you.

You're an amazing friend but it's precisely because of that, if I only ever follow you, that I'll never grow myself. And Bakugo or Todoroki aren't the only ones who see you as a rival, my friend.

So I'll be doing my best to challenge myself against you!!"

This.. feels oddly familiar... Iida sees Midoriya not just as his friend, but also... the rival he wanted to defeat... A friend and rival.. why does it feels familiar somehow?

My head hurts a bit but I shook my head to decrease the pain a bit. It's not the time to think of my feelings, we need to find one more person to complete our team.

"Well, Boboiboy, Uraraka.. do you still with your decision? It's okay if you want to team up with other teams."

I hate it when he said something like this.

"Look, Midoriya. We're the one who come to you and asking to be in your team. We came to you with our own will. And we will stick with our choice."

Uraraka added.

"Plus, not all people have the same mindset like Iida did."

"T-Thank you."

Then I looked around. Looks like most people already have their own team but someone catch my attention. He seems like he doesn't have a team yet.

"Midoriya, maybe we can ask him?"

Midoriya and Uraraka looked at the person I was pointing at. We looked at each other before smiling and nodded. We went to the person and asked him.

"Want to be in our team, Tokoyami?"

Tokoyami looked at us before answering.

"Sure."
.
.
.

"Now raise up your warcries!! And fire the signal! May the blood on the rocks be washed by yet more blood! Now's the time for UA's deadly feud!"

Midoriya being the rider, was wearing the total points headband. Our total points are 10,000,510. Uraraka's on the left, I on the right and Tokoyami on the front.

"It's fine guys. All we have to do is dodge everything they give us."

"You said it like it was very easy, Uraraka."

"Well, one thing I could say. We can't underestimate others. Who knows what do they have under their sleeves?"

"Boboiboy's right. We always need to be careful in this battle."

15 minutes is up.

"Alright, have you all formed your little teams?! Well, you better have! Let's do it! Let's start the countdown to this vacious clash!"

3..!

2..!

1!!

"Start!!!"
.
.
.