Chapter 25: Shadow Opponent

.
.
.
"Yesterday's ally, today's enemy! They were a team for the previous event but now they will be fighting eachother for the semi final round! Tokoyami versus Boboiboy!"

Tokoyami and I were already in the ring, waiting for the match to start.

"Start!!!"

"Dark Shadow!"

"Boboiboy- Argh!"

Tokoyami attacked me before I get to actived my quirk. I got thrown back a bit. Without giving me time to take a breath, he attacked me with his quirk while I tried my best to dodge. And it went just like that for a few minutes. I'm guessing his plan is to prevent me from using my quirk. He knows that I need atleast 3 seconds to active my quirk.

Heh, nice plan but don't forget that I used to be in top five in Mr. Aizawa's 'quirk' test when I was 'quirkless'.

I ran as fast as I could towards Tokoyami while dodging his attacks. When Dark Shadow came towards me, I jumped and flipped on it until I landed behind Tokoyami. I quickly slacked his legs to make him fall.

"Argh!"

With the time I had, I actived my quirk.

"Boboiboy Thunderstorm!"

Tokayami quickly on defensive mode once I used the second tier of my lightning quirk. Red electrics could be seen surrounding myself and my gym clothes changed colour to black and red. The audience started cheering, excited to see more actions from both me and Tokoyami.

"Lightning sword! Lightning speed!"

A red lighting sword appeared. As fast as lightning itself, I ran towards Tokoyami, ready to attack him with my lightning sword.

"Lightning slash!"

Tokoyami with his fast reaction, dodged the attack in time.

"Dark shadow! Attack!"

Dark shadow attacked me just like he was ordered to. I used my lighting speed to dodge all the attacks.

Both of us were at the opposite side of the ring before we decided to charge at eachother with our quirk.

"Dark shadow!"

"Thunderstorm speed!"

Huh?

Suddenly, within those seconds, I saw a vision. A vision of a boy with purple spiky hair, wearing a visor. He was charging at me with his quirk that look a bit similar with Tokoyami.

On reflex, I canceled my attack while dodging Tokoyami's attack.

'Did he just... cancel his attack?' Tokoyami thought.

I crouched down with my right leg supporting me. I was breathing pretty hard right now. One thing was on my mind. What was that? Who is he?

Suddenly, I realised that Tokoyami tried to attack me again from behind. I quickly dodge while looked at him. I get up and tried to focus on my battle. I used my lightning sword to encounter every attack that Tokoyami sent towards me. However, the voices won't leave me alone.

"Fang! Don't leave! You're our friend!"

"Enough! I'm not your friend!"

"Argh!"

I got thrown almost out of the ring after getting hit with Dark shadow's attacks. At this point, I already transformed back. I tried to get up but my hands were trembling.

'What is this feeling? Why did I feel like this? Feeling of... betrayal...'

When I thought my chance in sport festival almost over, I heard Tokoyami's talking.

"Stand up, Boboiboy. I can just end you right now but you're not giving everything you got. I admitted, I felt excited and honoured to fight you in this match. And it will be better if I managed to defeat you. But I did not want to fight with just half of your power without you paying attention to our battle. So get up and give me a good fight. Be my rival."

My eyes were widen. As if Tokoyami's last sentence was a magic words, I suddenly remember a few things from my past. Specifically, memories between me and Fang.

"We're not going to attack eachother! We're friends!"

"You think I don't know that you want to betray me for your friends?!"

"Boboiboy, look out!"

"You're not alone. You have us by your side."

"You are my only rival and friend."

I smiled after hearing all of those voices. Most of it from the same person. The person that possibly be one of my best friends.

I got up and looked at Tokoyami in the eyes. Heh, now that I think back, I'm acting like Todoroki just now. Need to fix that.

"Thank you, Tokoyami, for this second chance. I promise, I won't disappointed you!"

Zzzttt...

I turned into my Thunderstorm form again

Tokoyami smirked.

"I know you won't."

The audience started cheering as if knowing that the battle will be more interesting than before.

"Well, this battle is getting more and more interesting, don't you think?" Present Mic commented.

"Lightning spear!"

A lightning spear appeared while red lightning surrounding me.

"A spear?! He's not just fight with swords but also spear?! What else does this kid capable of?!"

"Dark shadow!"

Tokoyami was ready to dodge the up coming attacks from me.

"Lightning speed!"

I appeared behind Tokoyami without him realising but luckily his quirk, Dark Shadow sensed my presence.

"Thunderstorm vortex!"

Dark shadow tried to protect Tokoyami from the attack but he end up getting electrocuted and get thrown back by the strong impact. I looked at Tokoyami again who was trying to stand up.

"Don't you ever lose to anyone else because I'm the only one who will defeat you. Remember that!"

'Sorry. I forgot before. But now that I remembered, I will keep my promise!' I thought.

"Lightning Shine!"

"Holy- My eyes! I couldn't see a thing!" Present Mic said.

The attack manage to blind Tokoyami and Dark Shadow for a while. Not just them, but the audience were also effected by the attack. They can't see their surrounding very clearly, let alone watch the battle. They could only hear my voice.

"Lightning Blade Slap!"

The sound of lightning that they could hear before getting their vision back. The next thing they knew, Tokoyami was already unconscious while I was still standing.

"Tokoyami's unconscious. Boboiboy moves on to the semi final round!"

Everyone cheered for me while I transformed back to normal. I looked back at Tokoyami who was being carried to the infirmary.

'Thank you, Tokoyami. I knew my fights with you will make me remembered something.' I thought.

I looked at Class A seats and saw my friends. I also saw Uraraka holding a camera while calling for me. Wonder what is she doing with the camera.
.
.
.