Chapter 23: First Round Battle

.
.
.
Before we knew it, the time has come.

"Hey guys, are you ready?! You've been through hell to get here but now it's time the one-on-one tournament! You've only got yourself to rely on! Even if you're not a hero, this saying holds true! You know it! Spirit, technique, strength, wisdom and knowledge! Use them all and show us your best!" Present Mic said.

I took my place at the Class 1A section audience seats with the others. We were about to watch the first round match between Midoriya and Shinso.

About time, both of them were walking in the ring.

"The first match! Making a weird face despite his excellent performance, It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero course! Versus! Sorry, but this guy hasn't really done anything to stands out yet! It's Hitoshi Shinso from general studies!

The rules are simple. Win by knocking your opponent out of the ring, immobilizing them or getting them to say 'I give up'! Bring the pain! We've got our good old Recovery Girl on standby! And fight dirty if you must! 'Ethics' have no meaning here!

Well of course, going for the kill is a no-no! You'll be disqualified! Because true hero's fists fly only when in pursuit of villains!" explained Present Mic.

So that was the rules. Three ways to win. Stay in the ring, immobilising and getting them to say 'I give up'. Wonder which ways does Midoriya choose to win.

While on the other hand, Shinso and Midoriya were having a chit-chat together.

"This battle's going to test your strength of will. If you've got any kind of vision for your future, there's no sense in worrying about how you get there. Like that monkey, babbling about his stupid pride. What kind of dumbass throws away a chance like this?"

"Now let's get this thing started! Ready? Start!!!" Present Mic said.

"Not to mention that dino hat guy. Just hearing those words could already made him down. How can he be a hero if he's a soft heart?"

"What did you say?!-"

Midoriya was about to run but he suddenly stopped.

While with Boboiboy and the others.

"Dammit Midoriya! I warned you!" Ojiro said, full of frustration.

Warned? What did Ojiro warned Midoriya about? They did nothing except talking before Midoriya decided to charge at Shinso but suddenly stop. Could it be Shinso's quirk?

"Mere seconds into the match, Midoriya's frozen in place?! Looking confounded, he's not even twitching! Could this be Shinso's quirk?!" Present Mic said.

"Deku?!"

Everyone was getting worried for Midoriya.

"We were barely aware this guy even existed, but now he sure is one to keep an eye on!" Present mic added.

"Like I said, that entrance exam was completely irrational. Shinso failed the practical part of the exam, so he lost a spot in the hero course. His quirk is extraordinarily powerful but given the format of the practical exam, his ability didn't help him out." Mr. Aizawa commented.

My attention was back at the battle. Midoriya looked like he got hypnotised. After a few seconds, Midoriya was heading straight to the outline of the ring.

"Woah! Midoriya's following orders like a good little boy!"

'No, no, don't! Stop! You've work hard just to reach this far! Don't lose to some brainwash quirk! Midoriya!' I thought.

Midoriya pov...

My body! It won't listen! Stop! I said stop! Even after Ojiro warned me about this!