♢ Chapter 2 ♢

I wake up with Rafes strong arms wrapped around my waist, I move as little as I can as I reach over to get my phone. It's 9:40am already, shit, I put my phone back down ignoring all the messages I have from JJ and John B. I roll back over to Rafe where his blue eyes great me.
"Morning" He says, his voice croaky.
"Hi." I smile at him.
"Are you busy today?" He asks.
"Sadly I think I am. I've got about 20 texts from JJ and John b."
"Well we'll have to actually properly hang out soon, yeah?"
"Yeah." I agree. "Anyway I should probably check all those texts."
"Yeah, should probably check my phone too." Rafe says as he sits up, I do the same and get my phone.

JB 🌊
*texts from last night*
Y/n come over
Please
Me and JJ are bored as
Fine then don't but we're gonna have so much fun without you

Y/n: I bet u did Jb I bet u did

JJ 🍃
I can't believe you didn't come over last night
Come over this morning
Are u up
We're all going on the boat at like 10:20
We'll meet you at Popes
Be there
Bye.

Y/n: See you then JJ

"Yeah I've got stuff on, you?" I ask Rafe as I pick out my clothes for the day.
"No not really, just helping clean up." He says as he gets changed back into his clothes from yesterday.
I finally decide on what I'm gonna wear, my usual denim shorts and a salmon pink tank top.
"I'm really sorry I can't hang out with you today Rafe." I tell him as I put a few things in a tote bag.
"It's alright."
"Thank you anyway I gotta go, bye." I kiss his cheek and walk out my bedroom door closing it behind me. I'm sure Rafe will just climb back out the window.

TIME SKIP

I run along the dock to where Pope and his dad are, also where JJ and John B are in the boat, I step onto to the boat as fast and carefully as I can.
"Jesus Y/n you appeared out of nowhere." Heyward, Popes dad says to me.
"Yeah guess I did, I must be magic." While I was as saying this Pope jumped into the boat and we drive away.
"Byeeeee." I wave as we get further and further away.

"Alright what'd you bring in that bag?" JJ asks as he sits down next to me.
"A towel, sunscreen, a lighter, my phone and yeah that's it." I smile at him.
"Anything else like you know? Anyyyyy-
"Food?"
"Yeah." I roll my eyes at this then chuck a piece of bread at him. "Bread? Bread? What do you think I am? A goose?"
"Hey bread is life man." I shrug and he starts to eat the bread. "It is isn't it."
"Maybe plain bread isn't too bad."
"Yeah that's what I thought, I'm always right."
"Yeah you wish." He laughs and puts his arm around me. I don't move his arm because I don't wanna seem rude but I don't lean into him.

"Hey Kie's here now go raid her for food." I say to JJ as Kie gets on the boat. He immediately gets up and asks her what stuff she's got in her esky. She hands him a beer and a carrot stick, he looks at in disgust then shoves it in his mouth, that boy will eat anything.
"Hey N/n." Kie says sitting next to me. "How'd your place handle Agatha?" She asks handing me a beer.
"It's in perfect condition actually. Well except for those last few flowers we had at the front, they're gone. How's yours?"
"Not to bad either, the fence at the front is torn up a bit but otherwise our place is good." She smiles.

"Oh god not again." I say as I look at JJ who's standing at the front of the boat with the beer bottle away from his mouth trying to catch the beer.
"JJ stop man it's getting in my mouth instead of yours." I complain.
"Not again JJ." John B says.
"Dude it's getting my hair." Kie says brushing her hair out of her face. At that moment Pope slams the breaks  of the boat and JJ goes flying off the front. I run up to the top of boat to check on him.
"Sorry guys." Pope says and in weary voice. "It got really shallow for a bit there."
"I think my heels touched the back of my head." JJ says from the water. "Ughhhhh" he says in pain. "Help me up Y/n."
"I'm sure you're capable of getting up yourself but alright." I lean over the edge and grab his hand, I start to pull him up but of course JJ being JJ pulls me in the water with him instead.
"JJ what the hell!?" I scream at him as I come up out of the water, he's looking at me laughing his head off.
"I'm still in my clothes JJ! Seriously?" I splash him and just pulls me into a hug which almost half drowned me.
"Come on." He says as he climbs back onto the boat, I follow him.

I get changed out of my wet clothes and put on a spare shirt (which was Rafes) over the top of my swimmers.
"Who's shirt is that?" John B asks me.
"Mine."
"Yeah but who's was it before you decided it was yours?"
"Was it not yours?" I ask trying to get out of them thinking anything else.
"Well clearly not if I'm asking you about it." He rolls his eyes.
"Pope?"
"What?"
"That your shirt?" John b asks pointing to my shirt.
"Nope." Pope says as he walks towards the front of the boat.
At Popes answer John b raises an eyebrow at me.
"Hey don't look at me like that, one of you probably had it for a day left it at my house and I claimed it."
John b gave up arguing and walked away.

"Hey I think there's a boat down there." Pope says looking over the edge of the boat.
"See a body floating near by?" I laugh.
"Y/n. I'm serious."
"And I'm James." I smile at my amazing joke which none of them understood.
"No he is serious Y/n there's actually a boat down there." Kie confirms.
"Alright then let's have a look." JJ suggests.
"Sure." We all agree and dive down to where the boat is.
We swim around it trying to understand why it's here, John b opens a compartment and pulls out a key. We all have to rise to the surface because we ran out of air.
"That's a Grady-White, they're expensive." JJ informs us as we emerge from the water.
"Holy shit, there's actually a boat down there. What'd you find jb?"
"A key, I think it's to a room at the motel. Yeah it is." He answered.
"We should report it, maybe we'll get a finders fee." Kie suggests.
"Yeah maybe we won't have to work this summer." JJ smiles. "Let's do that."
"Doubt they'll listen to us but you can try." I shrug, they all ignore this and agree to report the boat.

Hope this is good, thx for reading this!
Pls vote :)
-Soph