∫ Chapter17 ∫

"What on earth have I walked in on?" Kie asks shaking her head as she watches JJ braid my hair while John b and Pope watch every detail.
"Well now that you're here Kie we can all head to Popes."
"Dude seriously I was just there!" Kie complains.
"Ah well let's go." Pope shrugs.

It doesn't take long for us to get to Popes considering we took the Twinkie and didn't walk. When we get there John b and JJ are unloading all the 'equipment' we'll need for todays adventure.
"Dad can we borrow the boat? Please!" Pope says trying to convince his dad.
"Alright. Don't destroy it though!" Heyward warns in a playful manner.
"Thank you! Alright guys let's go."

Kie and I sit on the boat wrapping red tape around every hundred feet on the wire that has the drone on the end of it. A piece of chalk in Kies hand ready to mark off how many feet it's gone down while Pope watches the camera.
"Alright JJ, pin it in." John b instructs.
"Roger that! X marks the spot." JJ replies.
"Alright. Ladies and gentlemen! To going full kook!" John b toasts as he dangles the drone over the water.

Once the drone is in the water Kie and I take over the tether, stringing it out slowly into the water.
"Alright JJ were right over it, ten seconds Northwest." John b calls to him.
"Got it. Ten seconds northwest." The blonde repeats doing so.
"One hundred feet." Kie states. Pope gasps beside us.
"What!? Did you see it?" I ask in excitement.
"No, it's nothing."
"Dude don't scare us like that." John b says pushing his shoulder.
"My bad I just thought I saw something." He says quietly.
"Okay now at 200 feet." I announce as me and kid slowly put the tether into the water.
"300."
"400." Thunder rumbles in the sky as the clouds grow darker.
"Tides turning." Kie informs us as she looks into the water.
"Hey JJ, ten seconds easy." Jb says.
"Copy that." JJ nods.
"JJ? 20 seconds mid speed alright?"
"Keep the tether out of the prob." JJ says to us.
"We're trying." Kie says.
"JJ keep going." John b nods.
"Is that good?"
"We're good. Yeah we're good." John b confirms.

"700 feet." Kie says. The wind starts picking up as the clouds get darker and darker.
"Hold it steady JJ." John b says looking at JJ with concern that the wind may have an effect on our treasure hunting. Rain starts to pour down onto us.
"Okay we're now at 900 feet." I say trying to push my hair out of my face.
"We're gonna turtle in this storm man." Pope says anxiously.
"JJ crank it north west! Ten seconds!" John b yells over the wind.
"920!"
"How we going?" John b asks Pope.
"Almost there."
"There's too much wind we're gonna loose it!" I yell to John b, nervous.
"Southwest hard JJ!" He says ignoring my words. "Half speed. Steady at this baring!" He turns to Pope. "What'd you got man? Come on."
"Nothing, a whole lot of nothing." Pope answers with a sigh.
"Come on you should be right above it brother!" John b says annoyed.
"Y/n how many feet?"
"980."
"I'm at the bottom! I'm at the bottom." Pope announces.
"Steady there JJ. Quarter speed." John b orders.
"You should be seeing something." He sighs looking back at Pope.
"I know. Wait, wait." He says. Kie and I get up and stand at the boys sides looking at the screen where what's left of the royal merchant appears.

"Damn it!" John yells in anger. "It's not there pull the drone back up." Big John may have found the merchant but not the merchant gold.
"Look we can do another pass, recharge the battery. We can go back down." Pope suggests.
"We've been through it three times! There's nothing there." JJ calls from the wheel.
"The gold could be buried? We don't know." Kie suggests.
"If it was there it would have been found." John b states. "It's gone. Someone beat us to it."
"Or it was never there." JJ remarks. I don't know what I think about all this, wether it has already been taken or it's somewhere else.

Once we're back at Heywards we all go our own directions. Me to work, Kie probably to her house, John b to his and JJ probably to John b's as well.

I get into work just on time. My shift went from 1-4:30 so hopefully I could get home at a reasonable time and relax.
"Okay Y/n, tall table over there number 13 go go go." My manager tells me handing me a notepad and a pen. I rush over to the table only to see Rafe and Barry sitting at it.
"Aw country club here's your woman right now." Barry says as appear at there table just trying to take their order.
"Please don't call be that." I say with annoyance. "So are we getting anything or am I just gonna stand here while you make it known to the whole world that my current boyfriend is a kook?" I ask tilting my head to the side.
"Damn Y/n why so tense?" Rafe asks smiling at me.
"Just tired."
"You're always tired." He laughs.
"Maybe if I didn't have conversations like these I wouldn't be." I snap.
"Alright then get off your high horse."
"Right. What'll it be?"
"Just waters."
"That's a first." I mumble as I walk away.

"But no. They figured out who it was, of course it was a pouge. It was Pope that sunk his boat, it was obvious....." Rafe trails off as I approach the table again with there waters. It's only when I'm walking away I understand what Rafe was saying. JJ said Pope and him got they're revenge, god I wish he had a brain sometimes.
I sneak out the back of the country club and pull my phone out.

"Pope!"
"What what's up?"
"Did you sink Toppers boat?" I ask already knowing the answer.
"Maybe why?" He says sounding nervous.
"They know! I heard Rafe talking about it and how they know it was you." I whisper this trying to make sure no one else heard me say this.
"Shit shit shit!" Pope says with anger.
"I'm sorry I gotta get back to work." I hang up the phone and go back inside not being able to stop thinking about what I had just told Pope.

Oh no!
Pls vote :)
-Soph