꧁Chapter22 ꧂

I stand at the back of the crowd as the 'amazing' Cameron's enter. Wow that headpiece, Rose. It's unique alright. After Ward and Rose had come out, Sarah, Rafe and Wheezie walked out. Sarah wore a cute white dress with sleeves that kinda hung off her shoulders with a flower crown on her head. Wheezie had a dark blue dress on with pink and white flowers on it, then there was Rafe. Rafe looked quite fancy his light blue suit and bow tie. I held back a laugh as I clapped with everyone else, I cannot believe that he asked me to be up there with them. Did he seriously think anyone would let that slide? But who knows. Maybe one day I will be up there standing next to him.

Rafe spots me standing amongst the crowd and smiles at me, I smile back then put my hand on my necklace, showing him that I'm wearing it.

"Hey can I get a drink please?" I turn around to see Rafe standing in front of me.
"Yeah sure what'd you want?"
"Oh come on you know that's not actually why I'm here." He laughs.
"You look pretty good in a suit." I smile.
"Yeah? I love your waitressing outfit. Very fancy."
"I bloody hate it. Have you seen the length of this skirt? I have tank tops longer than this." I complain, completely over exaggerating the size of this skirt.
"It's cute."
"God you're such a perv." I shake my head. "Anyway I have to actually go and do my job. We'll catch up later."
"Okay. Have fun serving kooks. Even though you coulda been the one getting served for once." He mumbles the last part to himself.
"Hey I heard that." I say turning back around, he just shrugs in response.

I waste time by serving old people and getting stuck listening to their stories about how wonderful this is and how they wish they could've had this when they were a teenager, to which I just have to nod along too.
"Excuse me can I borrow her for a second? Great, thank you." Pope says, pulling me away from some old lady.
"Amen Pope. Thank you." I whisper to him as we walk away.
"No problem but I need a favour."
"Yeah?"
"My dad keeps telling me to go and serve Ward and Rose but I really don't want to. Can you? Please?"
"Oh yeah sure. I serve 'em all the time at work."
"Thank you Y/n!"

"Hi, can I get you two any drinks?" I say as I approach the couple.
"Oh I'm good thank you." Ward says, he turns to Rose and then says. "Hunny, I'll be right back." Walking away to go and talk to someone.
"Rose? You want anything?"
"I'm good for drinks but can I talk to you about something? I know you've probably already listened to 100 stories and don't wanna hear-
"No, no, no. Rose go for it. I'm all ears." I smile at her.
"Really? Thank you."
"It's just I find these events really hard, with all these people, half of which I don't even know and I thought I would let you know that I really appreciate it when I see you at the country club. You always give me a wave and a smile, you're a very sweet girl Y/n."
I stand speechless. That was the most random and kindest thing anyone has ever said to me.
"Oh Rose. Thank you. That has honestly just made my night, and I understand what it's like to deal with anxiety in big crowds like this. I'm always here for a chat whenever." I smile, she smiles back. I turn my head away to see Rafe aggressively making his way over to JJ who is talking to Sarah.
"Rose, I am so sorry I gotta go just sought something out real quick."
"That's okay." She nods as I try to run as smoothly as possible over to them.

I grab a tray of drinks on the way over and when I get there Rafe has just turned JJ around. I lift the tray into the air and then squeeze between them. I mouth to JJ to go then turn to Rafe.
"Sorry, excuse me. Do you want a drink Rafe?" Rafe looks absolutely baffled and confused. "No? Right then, see ya." I say walking away, I feel his eyes still looking at me until I go and give someone else a drink. Hopefully JJ got away far enough.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Carrera, would you like a drink?" I ask as kindly as I can.
"Um no thank you." Anna declines with an odd tone.
"No thank you." Mike shakes his head.
"Okay, have a good night." I smile then walk away.

JJ POV
"Uh you got me." I say as I hold my hands up as if the security guard was gonna put hand cuffs on me. Rafe, Topper and Kelce had cornered me even though Y/n had tried to distract Rafe for a little bit.
"Why don't you escort me oughta here?" I ask as he grabs my arm and starts walking me away.
"Fix that tie son." I say to Rafe as I leave. "Well you power puff girls have fun!" I wave them off and am almost out the door when Rafe calls out.
"Tell Y/n she looks pretty hot for waitressing Pouge!"
I yank my arm free and run back at them but I don't get far at all before the security guard grabs my arm again and continues to drag me out.
"Don't talk about her like that! I know what you did Rafe! I've seen her fucking wrist!" Topper and Kelce both look at him with utter confusion, Rafe mumbles something to them probably an excuse and they stop looking so baffled.

By now they're out of sight and I'm in the main party area. I pass all these guests who are giving me dirty looks, I take a drink off one of them and then hand him back his empty cup.
"Rose! You look like lady liberty, it's good to see you again." I say causing a scene because why not.
"Come on Jb." I say as I pass him. We stand out on the lawn waiting for the rest of our friends to follow. Y/n runs out first, I put an arm around her as she runs into me, the first thing she does it take off her high heels then asks me if I have her other clothes in my bag which of course I do.
Pope runs out to us running into John b.
"Come on Kie!" Y/n yells. Kiara gives in and runs into Y/n giving her a quick hug, then we run off. Pouge style.

In case u can't tell I'm struggling very hard on who to make endgame. Rafe or JJ? Probs Rafe cause it's a RAFE FIC but like ayeeeeee who knows. Also school holidays are over tonight so probs won't be updating as often any more 😢
Pls vote :)
-Soph