★ Chapter31 ★

The morning sun blares into our eyes as we sit on the edge of the boat waiting for the boys to arrive.
"No talking about what I told yous last night okay?" I say to them as Popes boat comes into view.
"We won't." Kie smirks, I swear if she does I'll leave them and go be a Kook.
"You guys forget your keys or something?" John b jokes as they pull up in front of us.
"Need a tow?" Pope says smiling.
"Don't give them the satisfaction that this worked." Kie says to us.
"Absolutely not." Sarah agrees to which I hun in response.
"You gotta admit it was pretty funny." John b laughs as we get onto their boat.
JJ holds his hand out to me which I ignore. I'm still mad at JJ, he was being such a dick yesterday for no reason.
"Alright then. Can't win with you honestly, fix one of your problems and you still got some with me." He mumbles to our friends.
"Yeah work that out in your own time." John b says patting his friends shoulder.
"So all worked out?" Pope asks.
"Eh well enough." I shrug.
"Yeah I suppose."
"You know I'd call that victory? Woo!" John b exclaims.

TIME SKIP

"You got the rope?" John b asks us as we get closer to the Crain house.
"Got it." Pope confirms.
"Grappling hook?"
"No grappling hook we're not Batman." Pope answers.
"Pulley?" John b continues to list off things.
"Check."
"Dark clothes?"
"Got it." I was wearing a black shirt with a red star on it but you could hardly see it anyway, and my Nike pro shorts, Kie got them for me for my last birthday.
"Flashlights?"
"Check." We say clicking them on and off.
"Alrighty. Looks like we're good. Let's do this!" John b says turning the engine of the car off.
"Let's go get rich." JJ say's excitedly.

We get out of the car and start climbing over the wall. JJ holds out his hands to boost me up which one again I ignore. I am perfectly capable of climbing a walk myself. Clearly he wasn't happy about me ignoring him since he pushed me off the wall as I was on top of it.
I landed on my side which hurt like hell but still I didn't say anything to him about it.

We all crouch down in the tall grass peering out at the Creel house.
"And I thought this place was creepy during the day." Kie mutters to herself.
We go to walk in across the yard when a sensor light turns on. We all scramble behind a bush and all try to turn our flash lights off, everyone is successful except for JJ who's flashlight starts, well, flashing.
"Turn it off!" Pope hisses at him.
"I'm trying!" I eventually grab the torch from him and turn it off then throw it back to him.
"Well she has a motion sensor light." Pope sates.
"We could....move slowly?" JJ suggests.
"Yeah that's not really how it works."
"Throw a rock at it?" John b suggests.
"Yeah and let the axe murderer know we're here. Great idea." Kie sasses.
"She's probably asleep and hasn't even noticed. Old people don't notice this stuff." Sarah shrugs. She could be right but you never know.
"It could still be risky." Pope says still very unsure.
"What about the breaker on the circuit box, it's up on the porch. We used to play hide and seek here as kids and if we were brave enough we would go all the way up to the porch, I've seen it." Sarah informs us.
"No, you're not doing that." John b states. "You're not going in alone. It's bad enough we're even here, we can't be in anymore danger." He continues.

"Watch me." Sarah smirks to which I smile.
"She chops people into pieces." JJ reminds her.
"If you believe that but seriously she's like 80, what's she gonna do beat me with her walking stick?"
"She's probably barley still kicking." Kie adds.
"I'm happy to go too. You won't be alone that way." I tell Sarah.
"All three of us can go." Kie says.
"Fine." John b finally agrees. "Be safe." He says to Sarah as we walk away.
"We will." Sarah smiles.
"Be safe." JJ says in a mimicking voice to Pope.
"I'll be so safe. I'll be safe for you." Pope says back.
"I'm gonna kill you." John b says in annoyance.
"But how would that keep us safe?"

Eventually we're out of earshot of the boys but I'm sure the bickering goes on for a while.
We creep through the grass as quietly as we can tying to make our way to the porch without falling in a ditch or stepping on a dead body.
"You can call me a wuss but right now I'm regretting suggesting going up here with you." I whisper as we walk up the porch steps. "I am not ready to die."
"We'll be fine I promise." Sarah reassures me.

We make it to the porch and get to the circuit box. Flicking it off with ease, Sarah, Kie and I sigh in relief. We all freeze as a creek from a door sounds through the house, closely followed by soft footsteps.
"Shit." Sarah says as we lean against the wall, trying to be as quiet as possible.
"Maybe it was just the wind?" I say nervously. It was not the wind though. The sound of Miss Cranes old walking stick against the wooden floor gets louder and louder as she gets closer until she's standing directly in front of us.

And I'm leaving you in suspense!
Pls vote :)
-Soph