ꕥ Chapter8 ꕥ

We get off the boat onto the dock. John b pulls a big black duffel bag off the boat with him, he got it out of the ship wreck.
"Well what do you guys reckons in it?" He asks.
"A body!" I exclaim with laughter.
"Why did you sound so happy about that?" Kie asks trying not to laugh.
"Could be a kooks body." I smile at her to which she shakes her head.
"I reckon it's gotta be money." She says stating her thoughts.
"Well let's find out." John b says as he kneels next to the bag and begins to unzip it.
"Hurry up please! I can't handle the suspense." Pope says, his patience clearly shrinking.
"Wow Pope with the emotional outbursts." I smile. "But seriously John b open it."
"Alright alright." He answers as he pulls the zipper back leaving the bag open.
"Well." I sigh. "Definitely not a body." I lean over JJs shoulder to get a closer look at the smaller bag John b is now holding.

He slowly opens that bag too, this time he pulls out a large canister. He (with struggle) gets the lid off, John b pours the contents into his palm. Out of the canister falls an antique compass.
"A compass?" Kie asks in confusion.
"No, no not just any compass. This was my dads compass." John b explains his eyes lighting up with curiosity.

TIME SKIP

I'm lying on my bed about to get ready to go to sleep because it's 5:30 when my phone buzzes.

Rafe 🩷
You should come over

To yours?
You want me to sneak into your room?

No I'll sneak you in but you just have to sneak out by yourself

Okay, meet near bridge yeah?

Yeah

I put my phone in my pocket and begin walking to the bridge, it doesn't take me long to get there. It was honestly a bad idea, it's still kinda light and we'd just be walking out in the open together. Hopefully no one sees.

"Hey." Rafe says as he approaches me.
"Hi." He takes my hand and we walk to his house. I had been to Rafes house before but that was when his family was on holidays and it was just him home.
"Are we gonna be talking about what you wanted to or are we gonna do that later?"
"Hm maybe later but soon." He nods.
"Okay." I shrug.

"Okay so what you're gonna do is count to 6, climb up that ladder then onto the roof and the first window is my room." Rafe instructs.
"Why do I have to count to 6?" I ask.
"So it gives me time to get inside and in my room so actually make that 9 seconds."
"Okay got it. See you soon." Rafe runs around to the front of the house and I start counting.

When I get to Rafes window I try to push it open but I can't, it's like really heavy but luckily Rafe opens it seconds later.
"Come here." He says stretching out his arms and carrying me into his room.
"Jeez your window is heavy."
"Nah you're just weak."
"Yeah okay," I roll my eyes and walk over to his gigantic wardrobe.
"What are you doing?" He asks looking at me.
"Getting out pyjamas." I shrug as I scan over his clothes. Eventually I pull out a light green shirt.
"I'm not even gonna try and stop you." He laughs.
"Honestly the size of your wardrobe shocks me every time."
"Yeah well you'll have one just like it one day."
"Will I know?"
"Yeah. This house. This will be ours. All of it. Yours. Mine." He smiles pulling me into his chest hugging me close.

"Okay Rafe." I nod then walk over to the corner and get changed.
"You know Y/n, I'm serious. We'll be married one day and all you're Pouges will have to just deal with it, it'll be us and no one else. It will happen."
"Yes Rafe I know but right now it's 6:39pm and I'm not even 18 so let's figure that all out later okay?"
"Okay." He nods smiling.

We lie down under the covers, he holds me close. He's like a personal hot water bottle, his arm wrapped around my waist is like a seatbelt keeping me safe. His hands running through my hair.
As I lay there in his arms I begin to think about what he said earlier. This man really does like me? And I do really like him too but I can't even begin to think about my friends finding out. So I push those thoughts aside and think about what's happening right now, the things me and my friends are getting wrapped up in, school and all the other tiny details of my life.

My eyes open slightly just enough to look at Rafes alarm clock, 5:37am.
"Hey Rafe." I whisper to him as I turn over to face him.
"Yeah?" He responds, his voice raspy.
"I should go. I've got stuff to do today."
"Like?"
"Work. Clean stuff." I sigh.
"Mhm. Five more minutes?"
"I'm sorry I have to go." I get up and put my shorts on but leave his t-shirt on. I kiss his forehead and climb back out the window.

I get home and go straight back to bed. I wake up about 2 hours later.
I have a shower and put my work uniform on then head out to work, another day at the country club, another day of serving drinks to kooks.

Once I get to the country club I have to begin work as soon as possible.
"Hi what can I get for you today?" I ask as I approach the first table, I look at the people at the table.
Rose and Wheezie Cameron. I served Rose often but with two Cameron's here it felt kind of awkward even if she was just a 13 year old.
"Just the usual for me please Y/n and Wheezie will have a strawberry milkshake." Rose smiles at me.
"Okay, that won't be long." I smile then walk back to the kitchen.

"Okay here's your strawberry milkshake and your iced coffee." I say as I place the drinks infront of the two customers.
"Thank you. So how's your day going?" Rose asks which caught me off guard.
"Oh pretty good you know how it is. What about you? Having a bit of girl time?"
"You know it Y/n."
"Well I better get back to work. You too have a good day." I say then go to another table to serve.

Sorry if I didn't quite master the 'perspective' of waitressing, I've never done it b4 so yk 🤷‍♀️
Pls vote :)
-Soph