➳Chapter28 ➳

"What'd she say?" John b asks Pope as he walks back inside.
"That you're an idiot."
We all stand and discuss who to pick.
"Well we can't do it without Kie." Pope says.
"And I can't do it without Sarah."
"You know what. You three boys figure this out with Kie and Sarah and until you're done I'm out." I say grabbing my phone of the bench and walking out of the Chateau.
"Like out of here or out of the gold hunt?" JJ calls after me.
"I think she means the hunt."
"No she wouldn't."
"You know Y/n. Yes she would."

Hey wanna go to the beach?

I text Rafe hoping he'll reply quickly.

Yeah sure, I'll pick you up. Where are you?

I find it so funny how Rafe uses all the proper grammar in texting.

In the cut
I'm walking home

Alright, well I'll meet you at your house.

Okay cool, I'm almost home

Of course Rafe is already at my house when I get there.
"Where's your car?" I ask him.
"I parked it a few blocks away because it would be a bit noticeable right out the front here."
"Wow Rafe you're so smart."
"Mm thank you." He says rolling his eyes as if he isn't already smart.

I put my swimmers on then put my shorts back on.
"Okay let's go!" I say after taking eternity to pick out of my three pairs of bikinis.
"Finally." Rafe says grabbing my hand and pulling me out of my room. We had to be extra quiet though because my mum was actually home for once. I'm pretty sure she's in her room though.
"Okay we're all good." I say as I walk through the kitchen.
We get out of the house and into Rafes car unseen by anyone.

"So why aren't you with your friends?" Rafe asks. One hand on the steering wheel and the other on my thigh.
"They're just, well we're in a bit of an argument. Not me necessarily but yeah, you know."
"Well if I get more time with you then honestly, you guys should argue more often."
"Rafe Cameron! Are you saying you care about us more than me having friends?" I say, completely over dramatising the situation.
"Uh yeah." He laughs as he parks the car.
I laugh and shake my head then put my hands on his face pulling him into a kiss.

Rafe smiles at me and rests his forehead on mine.
"Wanna go and swim?" He whispers.
"Yeah." I nod.

Me and Rafe swim around, splashing each other and almost drowning just like the first time we hung out.
"Do you have any idea how painful it is to keep you a secret?" He smiles at me as I swim over to him.
"You would be a terrible kidnapper." I smile.
"Really? That's all you have to say?" He laughs, shaking his head.
"Yeah." I shrug.
"You're impossible sometimes."
"Impossibly gorgeous? Impossibly funny? Impossib-
"Impossibly pouge."
"Uh, what's that supposed mean?"
"I just mean that you could be a kook-
"Rafe we've had this conversation 100 times. I'm not telling anyone, and it pisses me off that someone already knows. It's no one else's business and it's not just about you Rafe, trust me I know you'd be fine to tell everyone but I wouldn't, okay?"
"Same response as always?"
"Same response as always." I nod. "It's not gonna change."
"Then why are we together?"
"Because we want to be."
"Yeah well to me it seems that you don't really wanna be."
"I can't right now Rafe. I called you to get away from the arguments not to have another one." I say turning away and swimming back to shore.
"Y/n!" Rafe calls, hitting the water in annoyance.

"Do you want me to drive you home or is that too risky?" He asks, leaning against his car. "Do you want me to go to the country club with my friends or is that too risky because you work there?" His voice starts to raise. "Do you want me too go to the shops or is too risky because you might be there? Do you want me too-
I put my hands on his shoulders, stand on my tiptoes and press my mouth against his for the whole of the outer banks beach to see, I only did this so that he would shut up.
I can feel he is shocked at first but of course Rafe being Rafe kisses me back. His hands sit on my hips.
"How's that for risky Rafe?" I say as I pull open the car door and get inside. He stands, shocked and confused but smiling at me. He shrugs then gets into the car too.

I pull my phone out as we drive in silence to see more than 50 text messages, more than 20 missed calls and 13 new voicemails. Jeez can they not go an hour without me?

Hey it's JJ, call me back when you get the chance we have something planned.

Is the first voicemail.

Y/n answerrrr

John b's voice whinges.

Did you die or something?

That one's from JJ.

You're probably just asleep but please answer the goddamn phone!

Pope says.

I'm not gonna even bother listening to the rest of them, so instead I check the text messages they left.
"God can they go 10 minutes without knowing where you are? It's like you're a dog or something." Rafe asks.
"Believe me this is calm."

JJ 🍃
Yo N/n big plan come back to the chateau!
Y/nnnnnn
I promise I'll buy you food if you answer

Damn that was a missed opportunity.

JB 🌊
Where are you we'll pick you up

Pope 🌞
Seriously answer, why are you ignoring us?
Did we do something orrrr????

JB🌊
Ah come on hurry up and pick up the bloody phone

JJ 🍃
Ah fuck this Y/n we'll do it without you!

Why are you ignoring us?
I'm sorry!
I don't even know what I did but obviously you're mad
Was it Pope?
It was probably Pope

There are too many messages for me to read so I just respond with one simple message to all of them.

Sorry I was working. I'm home now, what are we doing?

Rafe filled chapter!! Also sry for not updating for awhile
Pls vote :)
-Soph