𖨆 Chapter24 𖨆

John b left to go and get the map off Sarah, he told us all to wait here while he was at the top of the Hawkes nest with Sarah Cameron.

We all sit in the van waiting for John b to return when my phone rings. It was dead silent before but is now filled with an irritating ringing noise.

"Hi mum." I say as I answer the phone knowing fully well it is not my mum on the other end.
"You know it's Rafe right?" He answers in a confused tone.
"Yeah, yeah, just hanging out with my friends." I say acting like she asked me what I was doing.
"Ohhhh, so you're friends are with you but you had to answer and now you're acting like I'm your mother?"
"Yup, you know it."
"Alright well we'll talk later then. Love you."
"Yeah love you too." I hang up the phone in relief.

Everyone is still looking at me even when I put my phone back in my pocket.
"What?" I ask.
"Nothing." Pope shrugs.
"Well then why are you all looking at me?"
"Just bored."
"Well I'm not an artefact find something else to look at."
"Yeah but you're just as gorgeous as one."
"Yeah thanks JJ." I nod turning the other way.

"You reckon he's macking her?" JJ asks us starting a new conversation.
"Oh yeah. 100%." I nod. "But I seriously don't think it's a big deal alright?"
"It's Sarah Cameron, Y/n. Since when have you become so pro kook and pouge?" Kie asks.
"You're dad was literally a pouge who also fell in love with a kook Kie. It ain't that illegal hun." I say coming off more rude than I meant to be.
"Damn Y/n, never knew you could be so mean." JJ laughs.
"Yeah well I wasn't trying to be. Sorry Kie."
"Oh also N/n, Rafe told me to tell you that you looked pretty hot for a waitressing pouge." JJ adds.
"Oh wow that's just so nice of him." I say sarcastically. It's quiet again for a few more moments until I speak again.
"I'll be back." I get up and get out of the van, walking a fair bit away.
"Why?" JJ calls out.
"She won't go far. No way is she walking home by herself in the dark." Pope says.

"Hey you're back."
"Sure am. I'm out of ear shot of them now so why were you calling me?"
"Oh I just wanted to talk about something but I dunno if it really matters."
"Okay. Oh, I uh got your message by the way."
"My message?"
"Yeah. It's really nice to know you think I look hot even for a waitressing pouge."
"Oh yeah that. Yeah thought you might appreciate that." He laughs.
"Yeah, so much." I say sarcastically.
"On that note though, after I said that JJ turned around and said that 'he knows what I did' and that 'he's seen you're wrists."
"I told him not to mention it." I say rolling my eyes.
"So you told him? Because Y/n if you did you really shouldn't of okay? That would look really bad for me if anyone else found out-
"What? No Rafe he saw the bruises and connected the dots after the fight at the movie thing."
"Yeah well-

"Y/n come on we gotta go! Like now! Hurry." Pope says as he runs past me

"I think something just happened. I gotta go." I say hanging up the phone and running after the others.

"What's going on?" I ask JJ as I run beside him.
"I dunno but we just heard Sarah scream or someone screaming."
"Shit." I say.

When we get to where John b and Sarah were we see him lying on the ground only just breathing.
"What the fuck happened?" I ask in shock as we get closer.
"Topper pushed him!" Sarah says through tears.
"Pope call 911." Kie says as we all kneel next to John b in shock.
Sarah cries, holding his hand and mumbling to herself hoping for him to be okay. Then. Then she kisses him. Leaving us all both shocked and not surprised at the same time.

TIME SKIP

I lay on Rafes chest as the sun beams through his window. It was the morning and I still hadn't gone home which was very risky but right now I'm way to tired to care. I feel his hand run through my hair and making circles on my shoulder.
"Ughhhh fuck." I complain.
"You want to?" Rafe laughs.
"No Rafe. Not now. I'm just complaining because it's gonna be so hard for me to get out of here unnoticed."
"Well maybe you can just stay." He suggests clearly hoping I'll say yes.
"I wish. But I'm pretty sure John b's gonna wanna see us after that fall."
"Mm." He nods in an annoyed way.

Voices pick up in the hallway just outside and I start to feel panicked. I know those voices. One of them very well.
"What? What is it?" Rafe whispers as I sit up.
"That's John b." I whisper back. "That's Sarah talking to John b."
"It wouldn't be, no way." He says just as there's a knock at the door.
"Rafe, I'm giving our new house member a house tour open up." Sarah says.
"No!" Is Rafes response, hoping they'll just go away.
"Well I'm coming in anyways." She says. The door begins to open. I crawl through the bed trying my best to get to the closet in time. Rafe pulls open the door to his wardrobe and practically shoves me in there just on time.

"I'm gonna act like I didn't see that." Is the first thing Sarah says. Did she mean see me or just see Rafe shove someone into his closet.
"Well you wouldn't have to if you had just left." Rafe says back not leaving the entrance of the closet.
"Yeah well John b this is Rafes room uh I suggest don't come in here. Also Rafe, John b now lives with us, dads his legal guardian so yeah. Bye." She says and with that they're gone.

Rafe opens the doors to his closet, me and him both sharing the same confused look. No way John b's living here.

Well damn. Very close call.
Pls vote :)
-Soph