«Chapter21 «

Rafe POV
Waking up lying next to Y/n was like a gift. She was the most beautiful girl out there and she was mine.
I move a strand of hair out of her face as she lays there sleeping peacefully. I look down at her neck where she wears the gift I gave her. I wish she would just realise that if her friends did know about us that their opinion wouldn't matter anymore, if she told them then she could just stay with me and do stuff with me, like go to Midummers together. God I wish she could come to that.

I lean over her bed and kiss her forehead then climb out the window and go back to my house.

Y/n POV
I wake up to no one in my room but me. I pick my phone up, taking it off the charger.

Rafe 🩷
Hey sorry I had to leave so early, I had to help my dad with something.

That's all good. I'll probably only see you next at mid summers.

Yeah, see you then

I slowly sit up in bed getting ready to get out of bed when there's loud footsteps going through the house. It wasn't my mum she was always quite on her feet and it wouldn't be Rafe because he only ever entered through my window.
Of course, my door is swung open by JJ.
"Jeez JJ a little heavy on your-
"It was Rafe wasn't it?" He asks completely cutting me off. His voice frustrated.
"What?" I ask still partly waking up.
"Goddamnit Y/n!" He says storming over to me. "Get up."
"Jeez alright." I say getting out of bed and standing up in front of him. He picks up my hand and holds up for both of us to see.
"This." He says as he shakes my wrist. "The thing you claimed you had you had absolutely no idea on how the mark came to be there?"
"You're asking if it was Rafe? Why why would Rafe do that? I don't even talk to-
"Cause he's a kook Y/n! Last night, when we were all fighting I saw him holding your wrist. So if I've connected the right dots the fear in your eyes said that you know what happens next. So was it or was it not Rafe?"
"It was one time, he was just mad after you and Pope sunk Toppers boat and since I'm you're friend he thought he'd take his anger out on me I guess." I sigh hoping that lie was convincible enough. JJ looks at me with saddened eyes.
"I'm sorry." He says pulling me into a hug.
"It's not you're fault." I say as I hug him back.

TIME SKIP

JJ promised not to tell anyone and that we could just act like we forgot about it. Even though we wouldn't.

Me, Pope, Kie and him all sat in heywards shop talking and joking around when Heyward came in.
"There's someone here to see you Pope." He says looking kind of sad, behind him walks Shoupe. Immediately all know four of us what's going on.

"Evening officer." Pope says trying to sound casual.
"I have an arrest warrant for felony of destruction of property." Shoupe says lying a piece of paper on the counter in front of us.
"What?" Pope says looking at Shoupe wide eyed then back at us.
"Hands where I can see em."
"Woah Shoupe what'd he do?" Heyward asks concerned as Pope is placed in handcuffs.
"Take a look at the warrant."
"You're just gonna arrest my boy?" Heyward says not having it. He knows his son wouldn't do anything like this without a reason.
"How much did they pay you? Huh? How much?" JJ asks as we follow Pope and Shoupe outside.

Everything is a bit a of a blur for a second, commotion, shouting, trying to reason but then JJ yells something out.
"It wasn't him! It was me." We all stand shocked and quiet.
"JJ." I breath out. Today was just getting more and more crazy.
"It'll be fine." He says squeezing my hand. "He tried to talk me out of it but I was mad because he had just been beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes on Figure 8. I just lost my shit."  He states. Pope tries to talk him out of it but JJ cuts him off. Insisting they take him instead.
"That's the whole truth?" Shoupe asks looking at Pope.
"The whole truth swear to God." JJ persists.
"I know what you think dammit. I'm asking Pope." Shoupe says.
"Yeah, that about covers it." Pope sighs.
"Okay then. Heyward I'm sorry for the mistake." He apologises, taking the cuffs off Pope and putting them onto JJ. We all watch in shock and sad as JJ gets driven away in the back of the cop van until it's no longer visible.

"Heyward do I have to wear this?" I say as I step out of the back room in my waitressing outfit for tonight. I was helping out Heyward at Midsummers, the only down side of helping out was the outfit. I had to wear this black skirt and a grey collard top.
"Hey it could be worse." He shrugs walking away.
"What are you laughing at Pope?" I say walking out of the shop getting ready to go.

I arrive at Midsummers with Pope when Kiara comes up behind us.
"Will we need to shuck these oysters ourselves because if so I'm afraid it might ruin my outfit." She says in an overly posh accent.
"That accent was horrible." I laugh. I spot JJ arriving with John b and quickly run over to them leaving Pope and Kie to they're own sorts.
"Damn you're looking spiffy." JJ laughs as he puts the collar down on his shirt.
"John b where the hell have you been man?"
"It's a bit a of long story." He shrugs. "But I'll explain it all tonight." He smiles.
"Alright, well see ya's round the Cameron's are about to make their grand entrance. Can't miss that." I say as I walk off over to the main part.
"Oh yes of course not." John b laughs as him and JJ shake they're heads.

Had to finish it here soz.
Pls vote :)
-Soph