{2}

"Now, I know that must be bad to hea-"

"BAD TO HEAR? YOU LITERALLY JUST ADMITED TO KILLING ME." Y/N shouted at the reaper, "And it wasn't even on purpose." They added in disbelief. A thick tension circulated between the two as the hooded being struggled for words.
"Well, actually your not dead- yet..." He awkwardly reassured, doing nothing for Y/N's fowl mood. The [H/C] teen tilted their head.
"What exactly do you mean?" They prodded sternly.
"Because the cut wasn't clean, or really full, you're still alive. Dying, but alive." He responded. Y/N opened their mouth to reply, most likely with sarcastic comment, but the white-eyed boy put a hand up in a ask for silence. "But... I can help." He said, dropping his hand to his side.

Y/N crossed their arms and leaned back against their thin pillows. In a small gesture they extended their hand, palm up toward him as they said,
"Explain."
He swallowed before readying himself for yet another explanation.
"As I said, I was chasing a spirit from a different world, they escaped from their own by using their magic. I think they came here to start over again... But, I found them before they could find a suitable host. After I-... Cut you... They were able to slip away, back to their original world. If I send you to that world, and you killed them, you could steal the energy they used to get here and save yourself." He ended his sentence by dragging his  hanging hand out infront of him in a dramatic point to Y/N. The pointed at in question was sitting with a slightly dead pan face.

"And this is my only way to live?" They asked.

"To my knowledge, yes."

"Why can't you do it? Finish the job, bring me back the energy."

"I wish. It has to be you because I have no way to cross over. It's past my territory."

"But you can send me, how's that?"

"Human Souls are a completely different thing from reaper's... Now so you want to live or not?!"

The boy was getting more exasperated by the second.
"Yes. But before we do anything, I want some information about all of this." Y/N stated firmly. The hooded boy sighed in relief. He nodded before asking,
"Like what?"
Y/N thought for a moment before putting out their first question.
"For starters ; what's your name?" They asked. It caught him off guard as he expected something about the they would spirit or souls.
"I'm not sure I can tell you my real name but, I guess a more human version of it would be..," He thought for a moment, "Brutus."

Y/N hummed at the name. They gave him, an honestly judgemental, look up and down, but didn't say anything.
"What?!" He asked temperdly.
"Nothing, just not what I expected. Guess it fits though." They answered cooley. "Now, more importantly...
1, who is the spirit?
2, how does one kill a spirit 3, what is the world? And finally, how will I fit into it?" Y/N rapidly asked.

Brutus blinked at the sudden questions.
"1, the spirit's name was Cecilia Amestry.
2, you won't need to kill a spirit, because she'll likely be in the form of a human again.
3, the world's name is Liren Gancil.
And... You'll likely be an undead." He explained slowly, remembering the questions as he went. The names mentioned seemed to ring a bell with Y/N as they processed the information. They chewed on the inside of their cheek as they tried to remember where they knew them from. Brutus watched Y/N in silence as he waited for a response.

"There wouldn't be a possibility that another world could be in my own, via some other means like- a game, for example?" Y/N asked slowly. Brutus nodded, before curiously tilting his head. "Are you saying you may have seen something affiliated with Liren?" He asked cautiously. An embarrassed smile slowly graced
Y/N's lips as their cheeks grew warm.

"...Ever heard of an otome?" Y/N slowly asked.

Ever heard of an otome?" Y/N slowly asked