{1}

"Try it."

Uncertainly, Y/N brought the mask up their face as per instruction, placing the smooth tab in their mouth. As their teeth clamped down, they found small ridges on the top and bottom which hitched on their teeth. The wood was smooth on their tongue, it'd be surprising if it ever gave a single splinter, so that was a plus. As Y/N was growing acoustomed to the new mask, they didn't feel Andori's stare.
"Wow, you look...," He started, but quickly corrected himself, "Uhm, the mask fits well. I'll send my compliments to it's tailor."
He coughed and shimmed back into his sheets. "I suppose it's goodnight until morning." He said, flipping over."
He remained quiet after that, Y/N assumed he fell asleep. They opened their jaw, letting the mask slip from their face. Catching it with one hand, they placed it back in the box. Y/N clipped the box shut, and slid it onto the night stand. Seeing a sudden wash of coloured light fill the room they quickly turned towards the window. Through the intricate peigns in the glass they saw something streaking across the sky. It was a brilliant pearly colour, sending fracteurs of rainbow light to everything that surrounded it.

"I don't remember that happening...." Y/N gazed out the window skeptically, picking out what it could have been. It wasn't quiet close enough to a shooting star for that to be a plausible answer, but it's what Andori assumed it to be.
"A good night's wish, hm? The skies must be praying for our luck tomorrow." He had flipped back over to look out the window with Y/N.
"Tomorrow?" Y/N asked, puzzled quickly getting over their surprised start at him speaking.
"Of course, tomorrow. What, didn't you remember it's the first day of school?" Andori teased before pausing, "Did you really forget?" Y/N only shrugged, brushing away their surprised expression.
"Not sure I was ever told... Now sleep, big day." They said. The boy in bed laughed lightly at Y/N'd last comment, rolling over before presumably succumbing to sleep.
'I didn't realise it'd be so soon.... How long have I been here anyways?... The days just bleed into eachother.' Y/N wondered in silence. They blew out the small candle on the night stand before slumping back far into their chair, the soft fabric suddenly not offering as much comfort as usual.
'How much longer will I be here?...'

Y/N must've fallen asleep for the last thing they remembered was attempting to thwort off the lingering dread before they were lightly prodded awake. A maid was cautiously tapping their shoudler, and once she noticed Y/N's gaze on her, promptly backed up. She sent a nervous glance at her fellow maid who only chuckled at her behavior.
"Calm, Karoline, it's not like it can do anything." The older woman laughed quietly.
"Well... I know... There's just something about it! And besides, what was it doing sleeping? I don't think they're supposed to be able to do that!" Karoline said. "It's... It's not important,  I have things to be doing in the kitchen! Good luck with that Ms.Pere... Hear it's quiet subborn when it comes to aid." She continued, referencing what Y/N could only assume to be themself, before hurrying out the door. The older woman chuckled to herself, watching her go.

"Let's hope that never fades." She sighed. Turning back to the [H/C] haired servant, she proped her hands on either sides of her waist.
"Now, I know you most likely can't even precise what I'm telling you but, I've been tasked with having your wardrobe ready for today, and with any luck, any other school day you'll accompany the young master," she begun, "so, I need you to cooperate. I'll be telling you what you'll wear, and how, I don't need to put it on you myself for most items, but there are the choice few. Don't fight me on this, neither of us get rewarded enough for our work for you to put up a fuss."
Y/N almost felt like nodding at the woman's instruction, but thought twice about it and just stared blankly.
"Well, hope I got through to you, come now, up!" As she spoke she made a rasing gesture with her hands which Y/N followed. Sweeping off to a new wardrobe in the room she opened it, took out a handful of articles, closed it, and had the clothing resting on a nearby table in one swift motion. The silent undead couldn't help but be impressed at her smooth movents.
'That's the kind of movements some secret warrior would have...' They mused to themself, thinking back on the books they've read and movies they've seen. 'Kind of makes me want to be able to move like that...'

Having followed Ms.Pere to the small dresser, Y/N was now being used as a sort of model for the clothing. The maid held up various things infront of Y/N judging their looks, before setting it aside and trying another combination. Eventually she found an outfit she was satisfied with.

All black in colour, only challenged by the golden and red accents which adorned the coat and vest. It consisted of a thighe length over coat embellished with small golden buttons and matching chains to keep it half closed, large inner and outer pockets, and a black rose pinned to the right side of the lapel. Underneath was a matching black waistcoat covering another similarly dark button up. Around the neck was a raven ribbon sucured with a slightly worn pin. Below the waist were simple ebony pants and shiny dark leather boots. Covering the hands were gloves of the same material.

(Apologises for the long description, I need to get better at decribing outfits so

(Apologises for the long description, I need to get better at decribing outfits so...practice. And if you wish to change it, do whatever, just keep in mind this is what I'll be using in descriptions.)

Once Y/N had finished getting into the slightly tight fitting suit, Ms.Pere clapped her hands together in front of her mouth.
"My, my... Some of the younger staff had mentioned your beauty, but I haven't seen it since now!" She said in awe, gazing at the outfit she assembled. "Thank you truly for not making any fuss, now, I think the master should be about ready to head off now, on you go to the foyer then!" She shooed them out of the room gently before turning back to clean up the disaster of clothing she and left in her creative wake. Moving to close the door without looking, the maid nearly shut it right on Y/N's hand. They had stuck it back through the doorway, holding onto the frame. Ms.Pere jumped in alarm when she noticed them a second before completely closing the door. She looked at the odd servant curiously, they hadn't caused any trouble so far, what could it be now. Slowly, Y/N pointed a drained finger toward the wooden box in the beside table, it's mahogany wood shone due to the combination of the amount of polish put on it and the early morning light. Following their pointing Ms.Pere caught sight of it too.
"The mask! I can't believe I almost forgot!" She rushed over, skillfully stepping over several stray shirts and shoes before getting to the small table. Hurrying back over, she practically shoved the box into Y/N's chest.
"My sincerest apologies... Now go!" Following their instruction, Y/N wandered away down the hall. Watching them go, Ms.Pere's face took on an expression of confusion.
'Did I just apologise to an undead?...' she wondered to herself. Even with their silence, they almost felt real, almost human.

 Even with their silence, they almost felt real, almost human