❝Chapter 1❞

𝐾ℎ𝑎𝑛 𝑉𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎

The chirping of the birds and the huge sun outside indicated the start of a new day. Abdullah Ali Khan, the head of the family, was having tea with his wife in the garden. The three daughters-in-law of the Khan Villa were in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the entire family. Strange, right? Seeing them in the kitchen despite having cooks in the villa. Well, don't be. It was a tradition they had started themselves. During weekends food is prepared by family members.

"Assalamu alaykum, Ammi's." A voice caught the attention of the ladies. There stood the oldest daughter of Khan Villa, Humera Ali Khan, a final year MBBS student. The ladies replied to her salaam.

"Shall I help you?" Humera asked them.

"Yeah, wake up others "said her mother, Bushra.

"Ammi "whined Humera.

She knew how hard it was to wake up those hooligans. They sleep like they have never slept before. Humera walked up to the stairs grumbling about how she should not have come down.

"Why are you so puffed in the early morning?" She heard behind her. She turned to see her cousin, Rehan. Rehan was the Head of the Finance department of Khan Enterprises.

"Ammi sent me to wake up others." She huffed. He laughed loudly at this. He knew how hard it was to wake up those four people.

"All the best, Humera." saying that Rehan ran down the stairs.

Humera knocked on the door of her brother but surprisingly, the door was already open. She went inside the room to see the bed neat as it looked like nobody had slept on it. Similarly, she found the same in all three other rooms. She panicked and started screaming, "Ammi, Chachi Jaan, Tayi Ammi. "

Hearing her scream other members of the Villa too came to the living room except the missing four.

"What happened, Humera? Why are you screaming like a banshee?" asked her elder brother, Hashim.

She glared at him before saying, "They are not in their rooms. "

"They will be here somewhere, start searching for them "said Abdullah.

All the family members started looking for them.

After searching for a while, Bushra found them sleeping in the home theater. She informed the other members about it. She looked around and saw a jug of water in a corner and poured at the four people who were sleeping.

"Tsunami, Tsunami," Hamid woke up yelling at the top of his lungs. But his voice died the moment he saw his Ammi glaring at them with her hands on her waist.

Just like him others too screamed due to the impact of cold water.

Zainab hit the back of her cousin and said, "Stupid. We are in Islamabad not Karachi to face the Tsunami."  She turned to Bushra and said, "Good morning, Tayi Ammi" with a smile.

Bushra glared at her and said, "I will make this morning more beautiful by complaining about you all to Rayyan. You know he is returning today. "

"No" The four of them yelled together. They knew how strict their eldest cousin was.

"Ammi, have mercy. Please don't say anything to Bhai. He will ground us." Hamid said.

"Tayi Ammi, you look beautiful." Zara said with an innocent smile.

Bushra narrowed her eyes at her and said, "Buttering will not work, meri jaan. Go, freshen up and come down for breakfast. Rayyan will be here soon." With that she went towards the kitchen.

The family was just settling in the dining table when they heard a voice, "Assalamu alaykum" They turned their heads to see the eldest Khan heir standing in the entrance wearing white shirt and pants. Other family members returned to his salaam.
Fareeda hugged her son and Rayyan kissed his mother's forehead. He was finally back after one year. Rayyan had gone to Istanbul for his business purposes.

"Go and freshen up. Till then I will have your breakfast ready." Fareeda said patting her son's cheeks. Rayyan nodded and left for his room.

Abdullah called Rayyan in his room in the afternoon. Rayyan entered the room and was surprised to see his parents there. They seemed to be in a deep conversation.
"Dadajaan."Rayyan called him softly.
"Oh, Rayyan. Sit here, we have something to talk to you." Abdullah said patting on the place beside him.
Rayyan walked up to Abdullah's bed and sat as instructed.
"We have found a girl for you." Adnan said looking at his son.

"Abbu?" Rayyan asked, shocked. His parents had never talked about his marriage before.

"You don't need to get married right now, Rayyan. But, still try to get to know the girl. I have met her and I think she would be perfect for you." Fareeda said looking at her son with a loving smile.

Rayyan looked at her for a while before saying, "What's her name?"

"Ayesha Siddiqui. She is the daughter of Junaid Siddiqui." Adnan was the one who gave a reply to his son.

"Junaid Siddiqui? Didn't his daughter get married like ten months ago?" Rayyan remembered his parents telling him about the invitation they had got.

"Junaid has two daughters. Ayesha is his youngest." Fareeda said.

"I will think about it, Ammi." Saying that he left for his room.

Entering the room he took a long breath. He had not thought about marriage until now. Maybe it was time to think. He had seen his mother and aunts waiting for their husbands when they came from work. At certain times, he had also wanted to experience that. He had wanted someone whom he could call his.

He decided to think about this matter and give his decision the next day.

(How was the first chapter? Please like and share your views on it.)