❝Chapter 3❞

I was getting ready for the reception of Arham and Jannat

I was getting ready for the reception of Arham and Jannat. I had met Arham a couple of times before at business parties.

Zainab had already left for Siddiqui Mansion. It came as a shock to me when she said about being friends with Ayesha. Apparently, everyone except me had known this. Ayesha. This name has already started bringing a smile to my face. I was really happy when Mrs. Siddiqui called us to inform us about Ayesha's acceptance for this marriage. They are also going to finalize a day for our Nikah, today.

When we reached the reception venue, it was already full of people. I walked towards the stage with the bouquet where the couple were sitting.

"Congratulations Arham!" I said forwarding my hand for a handshake which he accepted with a smile and a thank you. I handed the bouquet to his wife.

I walked down the stage and joined my family. My eyes were searching for that one person who will soon be mine. In Sha Allah!!

"Where is Zainab?" Humera asked Ammi.

"They might be somewhere around here." Ammi said looking around.

After some time, Zainab came towards us.

"So, you finally remembered us?" Hamid asked her.

She ignored him. "Tayi Ammi, Safiya aunty has called all of you, over there."

All of us walked towards the place where Siddiqui family was settled. We conveyed our salaam to one another.

"We were thinking of conducting Nikah next month, if you don't have any issues." Mrs. Siddiqui said looking at Dadajaan.

"No, no. We have no problem. So, how about we do the engagement next week and Nikah like you said?" Dadajaan said.

"That's fine with us." Said Mr. Siddiqui.

"By the way, where is Ayesha?" Bushra Chachi asked.

"She is there with her sister. Let me call her." Mrs. Siddiqui said. "Ayesha , Ayesha."

Ayesha turned her head and after a while came towards us with a small blush on her face.

"Assalamu ayalakum" Ayesha said.
We returned to her salaam.

"You look so pretty, Mashallah" Bushra Chachi said looking at her. True to her words, she was looking really beautiful. The blue lehenga looked perfect on her.

"We decided the dates, Ayesha. The Nikah will be in a month." Ammi said looking at her.

She looked surprised but nonetheless nodded her head.

"Zainab Appi, you are the next." Zara teased her.

"Humera Appi is older than me. First it will be her and then only my turn will come." Zainab retorted.

"But Zainab, Ayesha is of your age and she is getting married." Rehan teased her.

"It's Ayesha Bhabhi, Rehan." Hashim said smacking the head of Rehan.

I stole a glance at Ayesha to see her turning red. Mashallah, she looks cute while blushing.

"Ya, Allah. Do I really have to call her Bhabhi?" Zainab said with a look of her horror.

"Of course, you do." Kainat chachi said rolling her eyes at her drama.

"No, it sounds weird. Ayesha would be fine if I addressed her like I do now, right, Jaani?" Zainab said looking at Ayesha who just gave her a shy smile and small nod.

"See, she agrees." Zainab said clapping her hands

"But I don't think Rayyan Bhai will appreciate you calling her Jaani, right Bhai?" Hamid asked looking at me with a smirk but that smirk dropped as soon as he saw me glaring at him.

After a while, the elders left us on our own.
"Are you sure you want to marry him, Ayesha? See, he just keeps glaring at us." Hamid said.

I looked at Ayesha and found her already looking at me.

"Oh shut up, Hamid. They are perfect for each other. You are just jealous of bhai." Zainab said.

"Ayesha Appi, can we go and eat something? I am hungry." Zara said.

"I will bring something for you all." saying that she stood up from her place.

"No, you sit. We will bring the foods." I said stopping her.

She looked at me and then to Zainab and then looked back to me and nodded her head and settled back on her chair.

I took the boys with me. When we returned, Ayesha was not there. Zainab seemed to have understood my inner turmoil so she looked at me and said, "Her phupu called her. So, she went." I didn't say anything and settled down on the chair.

"I can't believe my best friend and my favourite cousin is getting married." Zainab said with excitement.

"Hey!!! I thought I was your favourite cousin." Rehan pouted.

"Yuck, Rehan, you look like a pig. Don't pout." She said back.

"No. Say that I am your favourite cousin." He whined again.

But Zainab being Zainab totally ignored him.

"Rehan Bhai, if you keep acting like a child. No girl will marry you." Zakir said teasingly.

"I will marry a girl who accepts my inner child. In sha Allah " Rehan said stealing a quick glance at Zainab.

I know he has feelings for her. He is just waiting for her to complete her studies before he could talk to elders regarding the marriage. Ya, Allah, I pray that he gets to marry her.

We left the venue later that night after all the guests left.

(How was the chapter guys?? Please don't forget to click the star button and also share what you thought about the chapter.)