❝Chapter 14❞

"I love you."

Rayyan stared at his woman in his arms. His Begum. His Ayesha. A huge smile appeared in his face remembering her confession. He tightened his arms around and kissed her head.

"I love you too, Meri Jaan." He said looking at his asleep wife and pecked her head.

He remembered the call he had gotten. His heart was about to come out of his body when he had heard about her being ambushed by some reporters. Their allegations were still ringing in his ears. His anger had no bounds. He would surely ruin them but before that he had to make sure his wife was okay. He was brought out of his thoughts when he felt the car stop.

He walked towards the main door picking his wife in bridal style. There was chaos inside Khan Villa. As the news had gone viral in few minutes, the Khans and Siddiqui's were waiting for the couple. Everyone was worried for Ayesha.

"Rayyan..."

"Shh" Rayyan cut off his mother's words signaling towards the woman in his arms. They all quieted down immediately. Rayyan walked towards their room with others following him. He gently put his wife on the bed and covered her with duvet.

He, then turned towards his family members settling beside his wife.

"Is she okay?" Safiya, Ayesha's mother asked him going near her daughter and caressing her face.

Rayyan shook his head negatively before responding, "She was practically shaking when I reached there." He turned towards his brother. "Did you find the person who contacted the media?"

Rehan grimly nodded. "Laiba Khatoon."

"Of course, it was her." Zainab exclaimed, angrily.

Everyone turned to her.

Zainab looked at Rayyan and said, "She had always disliked Ayesha. Even in college, she used to taunt her. No wonder she played this dirty trick. Jealous witch!!"

"How did she know Ayesha is my wife?" Rayyan asked. His tone was cold clearly indicating how much angry he was with the situation.

"Um, she is Nadia Khatoon's daughter. She must have attended the reception." Zainab replied.

Rayyan just nodded. Others left the room after sometime.

"I want all the media house involved in today's incident, destroyed." He said to someone in the phone.

"Rayyan, there were around ten of them. It's too much. Thousands of people will be unemployed." He heard the voice from another side of the phone.

Rayyan thought for a while, before replying, "Buy them all in my name and fire the reporters involved. I don't care how they live their life without a job."

He cut the call and looked at his wife who looked peaceful while sleeping. "It was my begum today. They might do the same thing to another one, tomorrow. I am not taking a risk."

He sat beside her and did his works on laptop. There was a complete silence in the room except for their breathing. However, the silence was disturbed later in the evening.

"No... Please...I didn't...." He frowned hearing his wife's mumbling. He quickly kept the laptop on the bedside table and turned towards her.

Her face was marred with frown. Her hands were clutching the blanket over her, tightly.

"Ayesha..." Rayyan shook her shoulders gently. "Begum..."

"No... Please... Rayyan......" Ayesha suddenly jerked up screaming. Tears were running down her eyes. She blinked her blurry eyes and found herself in a warm embrace. Recognizing the familiar warmth, she welcomed his hug.