❝Chapter 2❞

The knock on my bedroom's door woke me up from my sleep

"Ayesha, wake up" I heard my mother speaking from the other side of the door.

"I am up, Ammi." saying loudly enough for her to hear, I went to the bathroom to freshen up and shortly after did my fajr prayer.

When I got ready and went to the dinning hall, I saw all of my family members seated at their place.
"Assalamu ayalakum, everyone" Hearing my voice, all of them turned their heads towards me and wished me salaam.

"Ayesha, I will be dropping you to your university." Abbu said.

"Okay, Abbu." I finished breakfast and walked towards his car. Abbu dropped me to the uni and left.

As soon as, I entered the university gate, I was engulfed in a hug. I knew who this was. Zainab Ali Khan. My best friend.

I had met Zainab in my first day of university. I was lost and she had helped me get to my class. We had talked and found out we were in a same class. We became friends just like that.

"How are you so lively, today?" I asked her.

As our classes start from 7 am, Zainab is never in good moods during the first two classes.

"That's because I had to wake up at 4." She said with a huff.

I giggled looking at her sulking face. "Yeah, yeah. Make fun of me." She made a fake angry face.

"Why though?" I asked her as far as I know she wakes up just ten minutes before fajr.

"Rayyan Bhai is back. And you know, how strict he is." She said.
Honestly speaking I didn't know anything except what I read in magazines about her cousin, Rayyan.

"Oh! Is he that bad?" I asked her.

"No, no. He is just strict in terms of certain things, you know. For example, our studies. You know I really admire him. He is caring and loving. Bhai is just perfect. Whoever marries him is gonna be so lucky." She had a smile when talking about her cousin.

Hearing loving and caring about Rayyan Ali Khan was strange because I had just heard about him being cold and emotionless. However, I shrugged it off, it's not like I will have any association with him.

🌿🌿🌿

"Zainab, you are going shopping with me." I told her while walking to the university gate.

"What? But why?" she whined.

"Chachu decided to do Jannat's rukhsati and Abbu finalized the dates for their reception, too. So, we have to get dresses for both of us." I told her.

"Okay. I will inform Ammi about it." Saying that she called her mother.

Zainab and I went to the mall where Appi and Jannat were waiting for us. Thankfully, they had already selected their dresses, so they helped us in choosing our dresses.

"I am hungry." Jannat whined after we finished our shopping.

"Yes, I am also craving for panipuri." Zainab said.

"Okay, let's go to the nearby stall and fill our stomachs" Anam Appi said and all of us walked towards the nearby stall.

We had just finished eating our food when Zainab's phone rang.

"It was Rayyan bhai. He will be picking me up." Zainab said looking at us after she talked on the phone.

After sometime, an Audi R8 stopped in front of us.

"That's him. I will be going now, Allah Hafiz." saying that Zainab went to the car and the car drove away.

We left for home shortly after that, dropping Appi to her house on the day.

🌿🌿🌿

I was working on my assignment when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see Ammi and Abbu standing.

"Ammi? Abbu?"
I was a little confused about their visit as we had just parted from the dining room an hour ago.

"We have something to talk to you, Ayesha." Abbu said not before glancing at Ammi.

I was confused about what they had to talk as they did not mention anything while everyone was together. Still, I walked towards them and sat beside Ammi.

"We received a proposal for you." Ammi said.

I did not understand what proposal they were talking about, at first, but realization dawned on me. They were talking about marriage proposal. My eyes became wide.

Seeing the distressed look on me, Ammi held my hands on her and said, "The guy is good, Ayesha. I have met him in numerous occasions. He is responsible and respectful too. It's rare to find family oriented men like him. He is also financial strong. That's why I want you to think about it."

"Your mother is right, Ayesha." Abbu added.

I really had no idea what to do.

"Um. Abbu, who is the guy?"

"It's Rayyan." Abbu replied.

"Rayyan as in Rayyan Ali Khan of Khan Enterprises?" I asked him to be sure.

"Yes. The same." Ammi said with a smile.

"Ammi, can I give the decision tomorrow?"

"Of course, baccha. Have a good night." Saying that both of them left the room.

How am I supposed have a good night when you just dropped a big bomb on me, Ammi? I thought.

Ammi and Abbu seemed to have taken a liking for him and even Zainab talked highly of him. Maybe, I should consider this.

I decided to pray istikhara and let Allah guide me.

(I hope you guys liked the chapter. Please comment your views on the chapter. I would really like to know your opinions. So, please, please, comment.)