❝𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖❞

"How was the lecture?" Rayyan asked her.

"Boring." She huffed. "I was literally dozing."

Rayyan laughed at her response.

"So, why the sudden wish to go Masjid?" Rayyan asked his wife.

 Ayesha gave him a mischievous smile and said, "It's surprise."

"Are you planning to prank me?" He said, narrowing his eyes to her.

"Seriously?" Ayesha gave him a look. He shook his head negatively with a small smile on his face. He focused on driving.

"Khan Sahab?" Ayesha called him after some time.

"Hmm..." Rayyan hummed not leaving his eyes from the road ahead.

"I love you. You are my heartbeat." (Dil ki Dhadkan hain aap humari.)

Rayyan glanced at her and took her hand in his. "And you are mine." He said kissing her hand. For the rest of the journey, he kept holding her hand in his.

They reached the masjid and did their prayers. While returning, Ayesha put some money in the donation box.

"Can you drop me to the animal shelter on the way to your office?" She asked, sitting in the car.

Rayyan looked at her in confusion but nonetheless took her just as she had requested.

"You, go. I will call driver on my way back home." She said when Rayyan stopped the car near the gate.

"Are you sure?" He asked her.

"Yeah." She pecked his lips and got out of the car.

Ayesha went inside the shelter and started feeding the animals there. A cat caught her eye. She went towards it and started stroking its fur. Surprisingly, the cat tried to nuzzle her hand. She played with the cat for some time before the driver arrived. With a sad face, she left the cat and went to the car.

🌿🌿🌿

"Ooo...Someone is planning to surprise Bhai." Zakir said, entering the kitchen. He had just arrived from college.

Ayesha smiled at him. "Do you need anything?"

"No, Bhabhi. I will just take myself." saying that he filled glass with water.

"By the way, what are you making?" He asked, leaning on the counter beside Ayesha.

"Chicken Biryani." Ayesha replied.

"Oye, don't disturb Bhabhi." Zara entered the kitchen.

"I am not." Zakir glared at his sister.

"Scoot away. I will help Bhabhi." saying that Zara pushed Zakir aside and stood beside Ayesha.

Zakir hit her head and walked out of the kitchen.

Zara chopped some vegetables for Biryani.

"You love Bhai, don't you?" Zara asked while chopping tomatoes.

Ayesha blushed hearing her. Seeing her red face, Zara pinched Ayesha's cheeks. "You are so cute, Bhabhi."

"Zara..." Ayesha swatted her hand.

They worked in silence for a while before Zara broke it.

"Are you happy, Bhabhi?"

Ayesha looked at her in confusion. "I am, Zara."

"You are not lying, right?" Zara asked again with seriousness. Ayesha stopped whatever she was doing and turned to the little girl.

"What's the matter?" Ayesha asked Zara.