❝Chapter 10❞

Ayesha and Rayyan were driving through the streets of Islamabad. As discussed, they were going to Siddiqui Mansion.

"Rayyan, stop." Ayesha suddenly screamed making Rayyan press the car breaks.

Rayyan looked at Ayesha with furrowed brows. She gave him a big smile and pointed to a stall outside the window. "Pani Puri"

Rayyan sighed deeply and glared at her, before continuing driving. Ayesha looked at him with wide eyes and huffed. She turned her head towards the window with an angry pout.

Rayyan glanced her and chuckled seeing her face which resembled that of a small baby. Ayesha turned her face towards him hearing the chuckle but found him focused on driving with serious expression on.

"It's unhealthy." He said, feeling her gaze at him.

"But I am craving for them." She said looking at her husband.

He just hummed in response.

"Rayyan." She called him lovingly.

"No, Ayesha." He said sternly.

She made an angry noise and turned her head away from him.

Shortly after, they reached their destination. Rayyan opened the door for her, and they both walked inside the mansion.

It looked like the Siddiqui family was waiting for them. All of them greeted each other and settled on the sofa of the living room.

"We don't have return policy, Rayyan." Arham, who had just entered the living room said, looking at his sister and brother-in-law.

Rayyan looked at him in confusion not understanding the meaning behind his words whereas Safiya smacked her son's head.

Ayesha glared at him. "That's why Ammi and Abbu still keep you here. As you know, there is no return policy, and they couldn't put you back in the trash can where you were found."

Rayan looked at his wife in amusement.

"You were the one who was found in trash can." Arham said pointing his finger at his sister. "Why are you back? The house was so peaceful without you."

"Abbu." Ayesha whined.

"Shut up both of you. And you. Stop irritating your sister." Safiya said before her husband could utter anything.

"So, Rayyan, how is your business going?" Arham asked him.

"Alhamdulillah, it's going well." Rayyan replied. Before he could say anything further, his wife cut him off. "No business talk, please. And sorry for the interruption."

Rayyan gave his wife a small smile who huffed at him without anyone's notice, making him realize, she is still angry for not getting her desired food.

🌿🌿🌿

Rayyan was admiring at the awards and photographs that were nicely displayed on the walls of his wife's bedroom as he waited for her to come out of the restroom. Suddenly, his attention was pulled to the sound emanating from the toilet. It sounded like someone was puking. He hurried over to the door and knocked on it. "Ayesha? Are you okay?"

The door opened to a pale looking Ayesha who had one arm clutching her stomach and other hand clutching the door handle.

Rayyan took her in his arms and safely led her to her room. Ayesha clutched his shoulders in a tight grip and let out a whimper.

"What happened?" He asked, being worried about seeing her suddenly sick.

"I got my period." She muttered in a small voice. "And it hurts."

Rayyan led down in the bed beside her, and Ayesha immediately latched herself on to him. She had tears streaming down her eyes. Rayyan let out a worried sigh seeing her like this and wiped her eyes. He did not know what to do. Though he knew about periods, he had not encountered any women this close in their menstruation period before.

He slid his hands on her lower abdomen and rubbed it slowly. Ayesha sighed in relief however it was short lived when she felt cramps on her back too. She let out a cry, making him look at her. Rayyan got up quickly and asked her the whereabouts of the hot water bag and took it out as per her instruction. After securing the bag on her stomach, he slowly rubbed her back to ease the pain.

"Is it always this extreme?" He asked her, rubbing her tear-stained face.

"No. Just sometimes." She replied.

"That's why you wanted to have panipuri." Rayyan stated. He had read about the cravings female had before or during their period.

"Umm. And you denied." She said with a pout.

"Of course, I did. Those types of street foods are not good." He told her.

"You are so bad." She whined.

"I have to be. I have noticed your eating habits and you consume a lot of junk food. I used to think Zainab was bad but, no, my begum proved me wrong. You are worse than your best friend when it comes consuming unhealthy foods." Rayyan stated.

"Just because you don't like them, doesn't mean they are unhealthy." Ayesha muttered leaning more into his chest seeking the warmth. Rayyan pulled her closer sensing her movement.

"I might be forced to make you follow my diet plan, Begum." Rayyan said.

"I won't talk to you if you did that." She huffed.

"Okay, okay, I won't do that." Rayyan said. "Are you okay now?"

In response to his question, Ayesha brought his hand on her lower stomach and shook her head negatively. "It's still hurting."

Rayyan rubbed his hand just like she had wanted and muttered some dua for pain.

"My begum did not tell me about her writing skills." Rayyan said, grabbing her attention. "You got a lot of awards for writing Shayari and haven't made me listen even a single one till the date."

"I... I stopped writing." She muttered lowly.

"Why?" He asked her.

"I got busy due to studies and couldn't write any." She replied.

He just hummed in response. After some time, Rayyan looked down to see her sleeping peacefully on his chest. He sighed mentally patting himself for distracting her with his talks. He caressed her forehead before pecking it and closed his eyes to join his wife in a slumber. 

How was the chapter guys? Please comment down your views on it.

Lots of love❤️