❝Chapter 5❞

I looked outside from my bedroom window

I looked outside from my bedroom window. The garden was beautifully decorated. It was finally the day of my Nikah. This feels weird. I will no longer spend my weekend reading my favorite novels sitting on those lush grasses. I looked around my room and took a deep breath. I will miss my room. This place has been my comfort zone all my life and now I am going to leave it.

I came out my thoughts when I heard a knock from the other side of the door. I went towards it and opened to see Appi and Jannat with some makeup artists. After some time, they left me alone with the makeup artist.

After almost two hours, I was ready. Just then, Ammi came with Chachi.

"Masallah, my daughter is so pretty." Ammi said looking at me. I gave her a small smile.

Ammi took my hands in her hand and frowned. "Ayesha, baccha, are you okay? Why are your so hands so cold?"

"I am scared, Ammi. What if-" Ammi cut off my words. "No. Don't overthink. It's okay to be a little nervous, baccha. I can understand but everything will be alright. Trust Allah. Before leaving, I have something to talk to you." She led me towards my bed and the three of us sat down.

"Everything is new, Ayesha. So, it will take time for you to adjust. I would not give you a false hope that this journey will be easy. No, it won't be. You will have some fights and quarrels but remember to talk. Never let the ego come between you two. And remember to solve any problem that arises before going to bed. Communication is key, Ayesha. Always remember that. Talk with each other every day. Ask him about his days. Also, never let other's words affect you. You will find people trying to sabotage your relationship. There will always be some jealous people. But never, I repeat never, give a third person a power to rule your relationship. Also, be always there with your husband. Try to understand him. Understand each other's values. Also, be honest with each other. And lastly, be patient and do not lose hope easily." saying that Ammi patted my cheek and gave me an encouraging smile.

Shortly after, we reached the masjid. There were a lot of people. Some I recognized and some I did not. All their eyes were on me. I never liked being the center of attraction, it always bothered me. I rubbed my sweaty hands on my lehenga. I was about to sit on the designated place when Zainab came towards me. She was wearing a blue lehenga and Mashallah, she looked so beautiful in it. She pulled my veil upward a little and looked at me with a smile.

"Mashallah, Ayesha. Bhai is very lucky. He will not be able to take his eyes off you." She winked at me while I blushed and glared at her. Shortly after, other females of Khan family too arrived. They all muttered, 'Mashallah" looking at me. Ayesha sat on one side of me followed by her sister and cousin while Appi, Jannat and my cousins sat on the other side.

Imam started the Nikah ceremony.

"Do you Ayesha Junaid Siddiqui daughter of Junaid Siddiqui accept Rayyan Ali Khan son of Adnan Ali Khan as your husband?"

I took a deep breath. "Qubool Hai."

He repeated it two more times and I gave my consent both the times. The Imam made duas and then I signed the Nikah papers.

Ammi hugged me tightly and made some duas. "Congratulations, baccha."

Shortly after, Rayyan and the others came. We looked at each other with the assistance of a mirror. Shortly after, the time for rukhsati came.

A few tears dropped from my eyes. I hugged Ammi and Abbu and cried. After that bhai, took me in a hug, and kissed my forehead. "Take care of yourself and your husband. Be happy, always." Simultaneously, I hugged Jannat, Appi and others.

Zainab came towards me and led me towards the car while holding my hand. Before I could enter the car, Zainab hugged me. "Shh, you will be fine. Don't worry we are all with you." She wiped my tears and helped me to settle in the car.

The car ride was silent except for my occasional sniffs.

"Here" Rayyan forwarded me a handkerchief. I took it from him and wiped away my tears.

I was taken inside his room by Fareeda aunty and Zainab after we reached his house. Zainab helped me settle in his bed and whispered, "All the best." I glared at her through my veil, and she ran away with a chuckle.

My heartbeat was increasing. I was really nervous, and my hands were sweating profusely.

Rayyan entered the room and pulled up my veil.

"Mashallah." He muttered before putting his hand on my head and making dua. After that he settled beside me and gave me a box. "Your wedding gift."

I opened the box and saw a beautiful ring. I smiled and forwarded my hand towards him. "Will you?"

He gave me a big smile and made me wear the ring.

"You can change first and then I will go." saying that he helped me get up from the bed. I took my dresses and went to take a bath.

I came back from the bathroom and saw Rayyan scrolling his phone sitting on the bed. I hesitated before saying, "Um, where do I keep these?" showing my clothes and jewelry.

Rayyan led me to the walk-in closet and showed me the place. I started arranging my clothes and he left for the bathroom.

I was still unpacking my suitcase when he entered the closet after taking a shower.

Shortly after we moved towards the bed. "Which side do you prefer?" I looked at him and said, "any side would be fine."

Rayyan nodded. "You can take the left one." I walked towards the left side, and he joined me. We covered ourselves with the duvet with some distance in between. 

(So, how was the chapter guys? Was there some mistake? I would really like if you guys comment down your opinion. Also, don't forget to click star icon.)

    Ayesha's Nikah Outfit

Rayyan's Nikah Outfit