The Burnt ember in your Eyes

The girl could already feel the piercing gaze of the fruit-bat watching her every move intently as she attempted to work through the worn textbook before her. It hadn't left her since she had violated one of the hundreds of walls Umbridge had set in place since her arrival.

Six minutes.

it had been six minutes into her lesson. Just as she had begun reading the words in front of her, she had been abruptly stopped as the demon herself hissed into her ears. Demanding her presence at afternoon detention due to her "improper proximity to a male". Before Y/n could even turn to argue, Draco's foot had hit her own in a soft warning. Last time the girl had decided to say something, she had returned to her dorm three hours past her usual detention time utterly drained of all energy. So instead she simply gritted her teeth and returned back to Slinkard's words on defensive magical theory. 

Now, as other students began exiting and speaking in hushed tones to their friends, Y/n helplessly remained in her seat, slowly packing up a few of her belongings. Umbridge quickly motioned for the girl to follow with her deranged smile still planted heavily on her face. 

"hurry dearie, wouldn't want you to get another detention now would we?"

The girl silently followed as they headed towards her office. The interior was equally as terrifying every single time the girl seemed to enter. The hot pink flooded every inch of the room, even creeping across across the ceiling. She set her belongings down next to an empty chair, preparing herself for the pain which was about to occur. Madame Pompfrey would likely be able to reverse the damage with one of her many remedies, but even the infirmary was becoming overwhelmed by the increase in students who needed attention.

"There will just be one more person joining us today"

As Umbridge's shrill voice echoed into the void of pink, a small knock was heard on the door and a small figure entered. Y/n guessed he could be no older than a first or second year and she couldn't keep the horrified look from slowly creeping upon her face. Umbridge approached both of the tables which had already been laid with paper, placing identical black quills onto both and instructing each on what to write.

"100 lines of each. You may begin"

The girl faltered slightly seeing the tears which flowed from the boy beside her, before reluctantly beginning her own lines. A small red sting itched at the back of her hand. Slowly but surely forming into a red cut which threatened to spill over with her blood. 

I will not be within six inches of a male pupil.

The girl finished far quicker than the little boy, breathing in deeply as she held her shaking hand lightly. Umbridge dismissed her after surveying the cut upon her hand, approving it as a sufficient punishment. Y/n reluctantly exited, remaining planted across from the door upon a ledge lit up by the suns rays which peaked through he stained glass. Quickly digging through her satchel, she produced a roll of bandage from within its depths. A small smile laid upon her lips as she looked at it fondly, watching as it spun itself around her hand. 

"I knew this would come in handy, especially after Dracos little 'incident' "

The magical item finished covering her hand, wrapping tightly around the wound. She rose her head, just in time for the boy to exit Umbridge's office, clinging to his hand as slight sobs emitted from his mouth. She arose from her sitting position, catching his attention and beckoning him over with a slight grimace. He shuffled over in yellow accented robes, placing himself on the ledge, next to Y/n who had once again produced her bandage from within her bag. Seeing as he still found it painful as she began wrapping his hand, she began talking to him in a calming manner.