Crookshanks and Butterscotch bonding

A girl sat in the infirmary, her fingers brushing against her cracked lips as she replayed the events of her previous class within her mind. Her face scrunched slightly as she recalled fainting, a slight flush appearing over her cheeks in embarrassment. Not long after Madame Pomfrey's dismissal accompanied by a small square of chocolate, She ventured off across the grounds, exploring the new environments, simply breathing in the misted air. Classes had finished for the day, leaving a few students roaming across the grounds. She quickly finished her journey at the black lake, observing as the surface softly rippled as small fish roamed just below the top. A place which she had found to be one of the only places she could gather her thoughts. The calm waters and lack of human interaction making the perfect combination . She had been sitting there for a while, losing herself between the world which existed swimming between the words, when footsteps began approaching. She continued staring at the crinkled pages, unbothered by the shiny black shoes standing by her sitting form. After a minute had passed the boy finally interrupted the calm silence.

"What are you reading l/n?"

"Grimm fairytales, care to sit  or are you going to stand all day?"

She finally lifted her head from the pages, coming face to face with the boy before her. he silently sat in an elegant manner next to the calm girl, clearing his throat slightly as he spoke up,

"I still haven't had a chance to thank you, you know for wrapping my arm up"

"Wow a Malfoy being nice, I thought that was impossible"

"Haha, l/n."

Draco held a neutral face as he sent a dry laugh her way. His calm demeanour soon changed as he spat out the burning question he had held bottled up.

"Y/n do you want to grab some butterbeer with me at Hogsmeade tomorrow?"

Before she could answer a certain Greengrass entered the scene.

"DrAKeY PoO, I've been looking for you everywhere. Will you help me with my homework"

"Not right now, I'm busy"

But y/n had already marked her page and got up ready to leave.

"See you later then DrAKeY PoO"

Draco jokingly glared at her before turning back to Astoria who was death staring Y/n's retreating figure. The girl quickly hurried to the Great hall, hoping to borrow some of Hermione's notes while she could. The trio had mentioned something about Quidditch training and she assumed it would be quite hard to actually exchange paper in the stands without the wind carrying them throughout the grounds. As she approached the Gryffindor table a smile graced her lips seeing the trio still there. Harry and Ron had stuffed their plates and their mouths while Hermione stared downwards at the book she had laid open out on the table. Y/n neared with a smile, quickly catching Harry's attention first. His eyes widened as he began to choke on his food, attempting to swallow it faster. Y/n pat his back in an attempt to stop him turning purple, aiding in the prevention of the chosen boys death but also causing the blush on his cheeks to grow. 

Y/n held her coat closer to her shivering body as they walked towards the quidditch fields. Faint shouts grew as the group neared the scene. it appeared that the Gryffindor and Slytherin team captains were at each other's throats. Their cussing echoed throughout the grounds as their foul moods lined up with the windy weather. Unable to decipher what was going on, y/n simply leapt in front of both the teams and yelled shut up. Surprised by the girl's outburst, both teams stopped talking.

"Oh that actually worked. There, now we can do this in a civilised manner. Someone tell me what happened"

The guy at the front of the red and gold clad group spoke up first, his voice had a soft scottish accent which caught the girl off guard momentarily, 

"The Slytherins are refusing to get off the field"

She then turned to face the looming figure known as Marcus flint. She had the pleasure of meeting the ogre of a man the moment she had walked into the Slytherin common room. His unmistakable odour of desperation had seeped through the green room, leaving Y/n to spray a total of 3, count them, 3 bottles of room spray to get his musty cologne out of the couches.

"So why won't you get off the field?"

"Because we don't follow rules Babe"

Flint answered, puffing up his chest slightly, y/n however couldn't take it. She began giggling at the pathetic answer. It was of course made worse by the stupid way his faced grinned at her.

"O-oh my gosh, that has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard."

Flustered, Flint visibly deflated looking at the girl laughing.

"L-let's just go, know that we're going to beat you Wood"

After the Slytherins had left y/n turned to face the stunned team. Most, if not all of them, held an unimaginably funny expression upon their face. If they had known it would only take a pretty girl laughing at Flint for the Slytherin team to finally concede defeat, they would have set Katie and Angelina on the assignment years ago.

"Pleasure to meet you the names y/n"

"Oliver"

"Well then don't let me slow you down Oliver, get to it. "

A small tingle ran through the boy as the girl's melodic voice pronounced his name. It was a thrill. Like he was up in the sky once again feeling the wind rush against him. It was difficult to not cringe as these thoughts crossed his mind but the beautiful face of the girl surely helped ease the pain.

The girl's eyes were glued to her writing as she and Hermione settled themselves upon the stands each pulling out various books. Y/n had brought Butterbeer from the Owlery, missing her bird, in turn, Hermione had brought Crookshanks with her. The orange cat was apprehensive at first, crawling around the owl in caution. Occasionally, Y/n would look up to see the teams progress, attempting to figure out if they were doing well or not. Each time she turned back to her notes, the teams eyes were drawn to her figure, each one enduring the screams which erupted from Oliver's mouth as quaffles were met with empty air and bludgers flew a bit too close to a number of faces. Beside her, the two pets pranced about, snuggling into coats every so often. Just like their owners, Crookshank and Butterscotch hit it off, they were playing with each other before they quickly tired themselves out and resorted to sleeping instead, cuddling within the depths of y/n'a coat, hiding from the sharp winds.

(A/n i have almost no ideas someone help)
-Sweetandssour