The quidditch world cup

Y/n threw all of her clothes in her suitcase and attempted to close it manually, after 3 minutes of cursing she took out her wand and used magic to shut the distraught looking suitcase. She laid there sprawled on the floor from exhaustion. After she had recovered from her lack of fitness, y/n grabbed her luggage and headed to the train station. She hopped on the train sluggishly and walked to the compartment with the trio. Ron turned to face them,

"So...do you guys want to come over for the quidditch World Cup?"

Y/n was the first to answer,

"Sure, my parents will probably be stuck at the ministry the whole time anyway."

They all agreed to meet at the burrow, soon they landed at the train station. Causing all the students to rush out off the steam engine and into their parents arms. Y/n looked at the smiling adults and walked straight past them. She already knew her parents wouldn't be there. They had always been too busy for the girl, y/n's parents did in fact love her but their work had occupied all of their time. She had mainly been looked after by the house elves and couldn't wait to go to the burrow. As she made it to her house y/n set her things in her room and wandered down to the kitchen. Her family was pure blood and quite famous in America, therefore they also had a grand house. Most people would tell her she was lucky, but it made her feel even more alone.

The days slowly dwindled past, her cycle consisted of eating, writing letters, studying and then ultimately reading for the better part of a day. She had almost run out of things to watch when it was time for her to go to the burrow. She shoved her clothes back into her suitcase and picked up Butterscotch. Y/n ran down the stairs causing her to almost fall flat on her face. She stopped at the bottom of the stairs and made a mental note to not die before school started. She picked up a handful of floo powder and stepped into the fire place.

"The Burrow"

She squeezed her eyes shut and hoped she had gotten the address right, once she felt her feet hit solid ground once again, she opened her eyes. The house seemed momentarily quiet until she stepped out and said hello. Footsteps stampeded towards her and a wave of ginger hair rushed into the living room. The first to greet her was Mrs Weasley.

"Hello dear, boys grab her bags, it's so lovely to see you."

Y/n smiled at her gratefully, it had been a long time since she had been greeted by such welcoming smiles. That night consisted of the twins tormenting everyone with their tricks and y/n caching up with her friends. The promise of going to sleep at a reasonable hour was thrown out the window.

The next morning y/n was awoken by butterscotch squawking at her. She attempted to get  gracefully, but instead ended up on the ground tangled up in her sheets. She started getting ready and stood in front of the mirror. Nothing like frazzled hair in the morning.

Once she was finally decent she walked down the steps to find everyone looking like hell. At least she wasn't the only one to be a zombie. Waving goodbye to Mrs Weasley, they trudged up the grassy hill. The only thing keeping her from falling asleep once again were the twins making her laugh constantly. Once they made it, they all stood around a dusty boot with Cedric and his father. Soon it started glowing.

"Everyone grab on!"

They all placed their hands on the boot and began spinning. Y/n let go and ended up landing on the ground due to a lack of her coordination. Cedric, Mr Diggory, Mr Weasley and Percy all floated down, looking as if they were angels floating down. Cedric held out a hand and y/n gratefully took it and swung herself off of the ground. Once they got to the grounds the two groups split off, promising to see each other again. The family set up two tents and began celebrating the occasion. After everyone was ready they headed to the stadium in a hurry. Y/n had been invited to watch in the ministers box as her parents had become well known in the ministry, but she had declined wanting to spend time with her friends.

"Geez dad how far up are we"

"Well put it this way, if it rains you'll be the first to know"

They all swivelled their heads to see a family of platinum blondes smirking.

"Ah and you must be y/n l/n, Draco speaks fondly of you"

Draco's pale face lit up in a flurry of red, he attempted to hide his embarrassment by bragging but was scolded by his father. They soon split ways and continued to their spots. Y/n's ears were bombarded by the booming of people's cheers and roars. The match began with Veelas trotting onto the fields causing the crowd to erupt in cheers from the males, the ladies were then interrupted by leprechauns throwing gold into the air. This made the crowd roar even louder then before, y/n knew it was fools gold so she didn't bother reaching for any. Baggman began the match by introducing the players of the game. All of the players were met with thunderous cheers, suddenly the crowd became even more animated than before. Victor Krum flew out and looked into the crowd. Unbeknownst to y/n, She had caught the seeker's attention. The match ended when Krum caught the snitch, however the Irish team took home the victory.

The whole group danced back to the tents and celebrated. From outside screams were heard.

"Looks like the Irish started celebrating early"

Mr Weasley ran into the tent and began hurriedly gathering everyone up,

"It's not the Irish, We have to go now!"

They all ran out and away from the stampeding wave of hooded figures. Y/n quickly became lost and separated from the group as more and more people shoved past them. Y/n ran into a clearing in the forest and caught her breath. Her breath hitched when she felt a hand on her back. She swiftly turned and pointed her wand towards the persons neck. She breathed out when she saw it was just Harry, Ron and Hermione. How had she missed their footsteps? They were soon joined by a furious Mr Crouch.

"YOU, YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CONJURED THE MARK"

Before anything could happen Mr Weasley stepped in to stop Mr Crouch from his temper tantrum. Eventually it ended in a heartbreaking scene, with Winky being given clothes.

In a somber mood they headed back to the burrow. They all headed off to bed, relieved they survived the incidents of the day.

(A/n damn that was longer than I though it would be.)

-Sweetandssour