Butterbeer is a choking hazard

The glass of the windows had fogged up as the harsh coldness of the morning winds fought against the warm glow emitting from the fireplace. It wasn't ideal to say the least, Y/n was still clad within her pyjamas and a slight ruffle in her hair from her recent rude awakening. Of course it hadn't been her original plan to wake up at such an ungodly hour but two certain Slytherin boys had other ideas. The enchanted stairs had done little to keep them at bay, simply resulting in incessant screams being projected in the general direction of her dorm, causing numerous curses from her tired roommates. She had eventually trudged downstairs, seeing the two smug-faced smiles of the boys below as they grinned up at their success

"Draco, Blaise it's 6 in the morning"

"Yes but we have to truly be prepared for your first trip into hogsmeade, You are coming with us right?"

A scowl slowly graced her features as she stared at their pleading faces. Waking up to this was definitely not the ideal way to spend her weekend. No matter how much she liked to deny it she was still recovering from her previous defence lesson, her nights had been spent sweating, lying up in her bed with a paled face as her mind was plagued with the screams of her nightmares.  

She nodded towards them, chuckling at the way they began to celebrate like little children on Christmas morning. As they concluded their interaction and the two walked back towards their own room, gossiping at a steady pace, Y/n also turned swiftly, climbing a number of stairs, to quickly get ready. Only she returned a couple minutes after, moving past the dungeon doors and into the empty halls. 

Her breath fogged up in the cold wind as she exited the inner sanctuary of the school, moving upwards into the green wrapped stone arches of the bridge. She simply stood by the handrail, embracing the air as she let her thoughts wither away into the greenery. 

Cedric was a morning person. No other way to put it. In fact he had been jogging when he saw y/n. She was slightly Mesmerising in the morning gloom, like when the sun glistens along water forcing you to stare in wonder until you forget your true purpose.

"Morning Cedric"

Even her voice whispered a melody into his ears as she addressed him

"morning to you too love"

She turned away from the bridge 

"I should probably head to breakfast"

His face dropped, did she have to leave so soon? His mind fired rapid fire ideas into his head as he attempted to find a way to spend more time with the beautiful minx.

"Um-I'll walk you!"

"O-okay thanks"

Even though she was a smart girl, she didn't notice certain things. Like the goofy look on Cedric's face or the glares he received from passing students. It was silent between the two as they paced through the enchanting halls. Both silently sat in their own heads as they attempted to figure out a way to break it, simply resulting in short conversations based around their classes and occasionally commentary on Cedric's Quidditch career. The Hufflepuff strode forward slightly faster than the approaching girl and pushed open the great Hall's doors, allowing for her to pass through with a soft smile and thank you. 

It was hard to miss the pair as the entered. Clashing yellows and greens entered the sight of the students splayed across the room, ensuring soft whispers began to coarse through the air. A certain Ravenclaw was especially intrigued by their entrance, stabbing her fork rapidly upon the plate until there was nothing left, leaving her stabbing at the air just above it. Cedric's giggling entourage was especially loud as the group of boys shoved at each other while shooting glances at the pair. Cedric eventually bid his farewells to Y/n whilst shooting murderous glances towards his friends, spitting quiet threats in their direction as he approached rapidly. 

Y/n travelled towards her unspoken designated seat just to the right of Pansy, settling herself down whilst reaching for the strawberry Jam at the centre of the table. Pansy snorted out of surprise covering her mouth with a startled expression at the sound she had just emitted. She was giddy with excitement as she continuously nudged at the girl beside her with a knowing glint in her brown eyes.

"So you and pretty boy huh? I've got to say, he's quite the catch."

It was Y/n's turn to display a surprised expression, pausing slightly as she continued adding her jam to the toast before her. Pansy ignored the glares emitting from the boys in front of her, choosing to instead tease Y/n.

Blaise and Draco eventually excused themselves, Draco had left his coat in his room and after a lot of pleading, he had finally convinced Blaise to accompany him down to the dungeons. Pansy and Y/n continued eating together until she excused herself. Despite Y/n continuously asking her, Pansy had insisted that she was to spend the day catching up on work instead of going to Hogsmeade, almost sprinting away at the thought of attempting to drag the two wondering boys across the grounds of Hogsmeade. As professor Mcgonnagol began calling for those who wished to travel to Hogsmeade, y/n turned in search of the two boys who had yet to make an appearance back in the hall. Her heartbeat began to rise slightly, concerned that they wouldn't make it until a tap hit her shoulder.

"So ready to leave?"

Their eyes turned to the girl who was slightly shivering from the cold.

" you guys had me worried for a second there, what took so long?"

"This dumbass couldn't find his money, turns out it was in his coat pocket"

Before she could take a step the boys wrapped her up in their coats making her look like an overstuffed snowman. Laughing, she hooked arms with them and dragged them in the direction of Hogsmeade, getting a multitude of odd looks from the passing students. Y/n'a eyes flashed in wonder as they travelled over the various British shops, back in America they also had a magical town nearby, but most of the shops were for school supplies and not recreation. Fascinated by the stores she slowed down, unsure of where to go.

"Where to?"

" let's grab some butter-"

They were interrupted by Ron yelling to the trio.

"Y/n what are you doing with them, they're Slytherins?"

"I'm Slytherin Ron I'm going to have Slytherin friends Ron"

"B-but, they're death eate-"

"Ron!"

Y/n yanked on the Slytherin's hands and stormed off into the nearby pub, leaving a speechless ginger behind. They made their way to a booth and ordered,

"Three butterbeers please"

"What's butterbeer, is it even legal to drink?"

Blaise chuckled at her curiousness,

" it's- well you'll see"

The waiter soon came back with three butterbeers. The two boys quickly began drinking while y/n peered at the drink. She slowly bought it up to her lips and began sipping from it. Her eyes widened at the sweet taste. It entered her throat and warmed up the entirety of her body in a comfortable heat reminiscent of a hug. It was definitely worth the wait. Her company had decided to leave the girl to enjoy her first experience of the new drink and instead began challenging each other to a drinking contest. 

"DRACO YOU"RE GOING TO DIE"

The pale boy hurled over, coughing as his friend waved his arms around, whooping in his apparent victory, a smug smile never too far from his face.

A/N Re-doing this chapter was honestly such a trip down memory lane as to how far my writing has come since then. I

Love, Sweetandssour