Halloween short

Y/n ran through the halls with a pair of pink wings placed on her back. Her eyes glistened with glee. However her smile dropped as she found the rest of the school going about their normal days. In America every Halloween was celebrated to the maximum. Nothing could stop the sugar high students from partying. However, Hogwarts was as quiet as ever no decorations,  no treats and most importantly no costumes. She sat down at her table and began poking her food with her fork in slight despair. Her friends quickly caught on to her unusual behaviour sending each other confused looks.

Her day was spent going to her classes as usual, even her friends seemed to be avoiding her making the day feel worse and worse. Her final lesson ended and as she turned to talk to Draco, she instead faced air only seeing wisps of pale locks as the figure turned the corner. She sighed rubbing her tired eyes before heading towards the Gryffindor common room. The fat lady picked at her nails until she saw y/n's shadow approaching the doorway. The rustling from inside stopped as they heard the portrait's slightly panicked screeches.

Y/n let the password slip past her lips and entered the common room. As the door closed behind her, her friends popped out. The sudden shift in noise level caused her eyes to travel upwards, the room was decorated with various Halloween designs. Even magical jack 'o' lanterns sat above the fireplace framing the spooky essence of the room. The best part of the surprise were the costumes her friends had Adorned.

Harry had cat ears placed on his brown hair, Hermione had a grey wig on her head attempting to look like Dumbledore, Draco and Blaise both went the minimal route, dressing up as dementors, Oliver as his favourite quidditch captain, Cedric was dressed to look like a zombie, the twins as thing 1 and thing 2, Ron as a spider and Neville as where's Waldo. I'm

The sight of her friends caused her to uncontrollably giggle. Although their outfits were rushed, they had made the girl smile.

The night was spent as they all sprawled across the couches watching muggle horror movies and stuffing their mouths full of candy. Even though she missed America's Halloween traditions, this was perfect.

She felt...at home.

(A/N  mini update for Halloween. I love reading all of your comments. A bunch of you inspired me to write and update more I love you all. Also I'm posting this on Halloween in Australian time so this might be on Hallows eve for some)