Antipodean Opaleye

Y/n sat in the dining room holding a piece of toast in her hand and the article by Rita in the other she read aloud to Hermione with an annoyed tone.

" Miss L/n who has been at Hogwarts for a little over a year, has clearly captured the hearts of many. Her stunningly pretty looks along with her tragic background have caused the students of Hogwarts to fall in love with her."

Y/n dropped the newspaper onto the table, choosing to stab at the fruit on her plate instead. Admittedly, Harry had it much worse, students yelled out to him as they walked through the corridors, whereas y/n only had to deal with snarky girls who came up with bottom tier insults.

"Want a hanky, Potter, in case you start crying in Transfiguration?"

"Since when have you been one of the top students in the school, Potter? Or is this a school you and Longbottom have set up together?"

Y/n had come in for her fair share of unpleasantness too, but she hadn't yet started yelling at innocent bystanders; in fact, Harry was full of admiration for the way she was handling the situation.

"Stunningly pretty? Her?"

Pansy Parkinson had shrieked the first time she had come face-to-face with Y/n after Rita's article had appeared.

"What was she judging against - a chipmunk?"

"Ignore it,"

Hermione said in a dignified voice, holding her head in the air and stalking past the sniggering Slytherin girls as though she couldn't hear them.

"At least i'm not built like a pug"

Hermione and y/n were furious with Ron and harry; they went from one to the other, trying to force them to talk to each other, but Harry was adamant: He would talk to Ron again only if Ron admitted that Harry hadn't put his name in the Goblet of Fire and apologized for calling him a liar.

"I didn't start this,"

Harry said stubbornly.

"It's his problem."

"You miss him!"

Hermione said impatiently.

"And I know he misses you -"

"Miss him?"

said Harry.

"I don't miss him. . . "

Harry liked y/n and Hermione very much, but they just weren't the same as Ron. There was a lot more hanging out in the library where Hermione would look through books for her upcoming classes and y/n looked through cute images of magical creatures, tapping her friends occasionally to screech at how cute they were.

Viktor Krum was in the library an awful lot too, and Harry wondered what he was up to. Was he studying, or was he looking for things to help him through the first task? Hermione often complained about Krum being there - not that he ever bothered them - but because groups of giggling girls often turned up to spy on him from behind bookshelves, and Hermione found the noise distracting. Harry had gotten. Jealous on occasions when Viktor was caught staring at y/n.

"He's not even good-looking!"

Hermione muttered angrily, glaring at Krum's sharp profile.

"They only like him because he's famous! They wouldn't look twice at him if he couldn't do that WonkyFaint thing -"

"Wronski Feint,"

said Harry, through gritted teeth. Quite apart from liking to get Quidditch terms correct, it caused him another pang to imagine Y/n with Krum.