Those are nice...i guess?

Hermione shook y/n awake.. and when that didn't work she threw the blankets off of her bed. Y/n sat up and glares at her friend, secretly she was relieved. They met up with Harry and Ron and headed to the great hall. They made it just in time for the owl delivery. Ron picked up a hefty looking package and opened it up. Y/n held back a laugh as he pulled out dreadful dress robes.

"Ginny, I think these are yours"

Ginny turned around in disgust to look at her brother,

"I am not wearing those"

Y/n couldn't help but burst out laughing,

"They're not Ginny's they're yours"

"Those are nice Ron, ... i guess? But why do we need dress robes anyways?"

Instead of her usual care for magical creatures class, y/n was dragged to another room. Everyone had the same confused look on their faces except for Hermione. They sat there until Professor McGonagall began explaining,

"The Yule ball is approaching , a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialise with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth-years and above – although you may invite a younger student if you wish -"

Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she, too, fighting not to giggle. They both looked around at Harry. Professor McGonagall ignored them, which Harry thought was distinctly unfair, as she had just told off him and Ron. (He still salty)
"Dress robes will be worn,"

Professor McGonagall continued,

"and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight, in the Great Hall. Now then –"

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the class.

'The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to – er – let our hair down,"

she said, in a disapproving voice.

Lavender giggled harder than ever, with her hand pressed hard against her mouth to stifle the sound. Y/n sighed, this was going to be a long meeting.

"But that does NOT mean,"

Professor McGonagall went on,

"that we will be relaxing the standards of behaviour we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way. Mr Weasley could you please come up here.

Ron begrudgingly stood, and trudged over to her.

"Now place your hand on my waist Mr Weasley"

"Where Professor?!"

Ron's eyes widened and y/n stifled a snicker. She heard Harry talking to the twins.

"You're never going to forget this, are you?"

"Never"

They both grinned from ear to ear as they watched them danced together.

The professor signalled for everyone to get up, Y/n saw all of the boys groan while Neville bounced up. Y/n had learnt to dance when she was a child, it was absolutely boring to her. Nevertheless she got up. Once majority of the guys had paired off, she saw Neville alone.

"May I have this dance Neville?"

A cheeky grin played on her face, yet the elegant girl was oblivious to the many stares they got from passing Gryffindor guys. The girl cracked jokes throughout their practice, causing them to occasionally fumble and trip over each other's feet.