Little Thestral buddies

After spending the rest of the trip peeling back chocolates, they got off the train, heading towards the edge of the forest alongside the swelling group of students. As they began nearing the carriages, a horse like creature caught y/n's attention. It's skin slightly gleaming in the moonlight, the most alarming aspect of the creature was its appearance and yet Y/n felt a sense of comfort as she drew closer to them. The other student seemed completely oblivious to their presence, instead quickly filling into the carriages and continuing in their mindless chatting with their friends as they desperately attempted to fill each other in on their holidays. Before she could investigate the creature further Hermione grasped her wrist pulling her towards the seats, helping her up. Y/n's eyes couldn't help but wander back towards the creatures every so often between her endless conversation with Hermione as she questioned what they were. Her mind returned as the carriage glided to a stop, her mind now taken up as she began processing the building in front of her, she entered, taking approximately 5 steps before she was taken away by Professor Mcgonagall. The girl swore she had never seen someone move with such elegance and purpose even at the endless galas and dances she was forced to attend, where the guests tended to desperately cling onto the appearance of forced dignity. This woman on the other hand moved effortlessly, commanding the attention of students. She brought the girl towards the bustling first years, instructing her to wait besides her for a moment.

"Okay first years, i know many of you are nervous but as you move beyond these doors, you will begin your journey at Hogwarts. Like some of you may know, you will be sorted into houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now as your name is called once you get in there please step forward and sit on the stool. Then please sit with your houses."

She quietly began ushering the bustling children in front of her, turning her head slightly to look at the waiting girl, 

"Just wait here i'll come get you in a moment"

She silently nodded as the doors closed once again, closing off the light as she waited patiently in the hallway. A few moments had passed as she stood leaning on the wall slightly, admiring the stone arches and intricate carvings which laced the walls, when the professor once again appeared before her, nodding as if to signal that it was time for her to enter.

The first years had been sorted quickly and the students where excited, or at least the hunger made them think so. As they all anxiously waited for the headmaster to finally acknowledge the beginning of their feast, they began buzzing in quiet whispers as they all questioned why he had yet to step up towards the pedestal. Instead of receiving an answer, the double doors spread open, revealing two figures entering in silence. One was the beloved and renowned Professor who held a stern grimace on her face. Just beside her was a new face. Catching the eyes of the older years as they questioned her silently. As she passed, her ears perked up to some of the words which were tossed around between friends as they all attempted to solve the mystery.

"Have you seen her before?"

"I heard there was a transfer from Ilvermorny, i just didn't think it was true"

"God, she's awfully pretty isn't she" 

"Do you reckon she'll be annoying"

"Bet ya i can get her to date me by the end of the-"

"Shut up you've got the face of a weasel, you would be luck if any girl came in a 10 metre radius of you"

The Last of the retorts led to her tension being slightly released as a smile itched at her soft lips. As it almost cracked her grimace, the two figure reached the front where a hat made of drooping fabric laid upon the stool. Taking a deep breath, she turned, facing the hall as the so called sorting hat was placed on her head.

" ooh, a hard one you are. Intelligent and creative like a ravenclaw, but brave and chivalrous like a Gryffindor. Patient and loyal, perfect for a hufflepuff but also ambitious and resourceful like a slytherin. What am I going to do with you?"

Startled slightly she let her eyes wander upwards, even after being thrown into the world of magic, it Seemed to amaze her everyday. Unable to form any logical sentences, she opted for a classic,

"Hello"

The drooping fabric tilted upwards softly, forming a smile at the girl,

"Hello dearie, i think i know just the place for you so don't worry. You'll fit right into"

SLYTHERIN

The table lined with green and silver erupted with some of the older years even arising from their seats at the prospect of having something the other houses didn't. A pretty American transfer. 

She hopped down from the stool, thanking the hat slightly and headed towards the cheering table, placing herself down beside Pansy who pat the seat next to her in an increasingly aggressive manner, a grin planting itself onto her face. Such a violent yet loving response only added to the growing smile on Y/n's face as she let the stress she felt moments earlier simply disappear.

(A/n hope you liked it)

-Sweetandssour