Party favour

Y/n's nose scrunched up as she felt Hermione pull back the curtains draped across her bed.

"Mione is Saturday"

Her whines seemed to have no effect as Hermione continued to open window, allowing light to crash into the room. The tired girl bought her hands up to her face and rubbed her eyes, sitting up slowly.

"Sooo... you and Cedric?"

Y/n's half asleep state caused her to grunt in response. Hermione ignored her corpse like friend,

"Yeah, he is quite a catch I must admit"

Once the words had fully entered her brain, she shot up and sent a glare towards her friend in a joking manner

"Well since you've rudely awoken me, I'm going to Breakfast"

She quickly gathered her gear and flew out the door sending a quick wave to her friend.

"You can't escape me forever"

Hearing that, y/n ran out towards the hall, stopping once she saw the double doors. After entering, she made her way towards the Gryffindor tables. Among the few students awake, one of them was the Gryffindor captain. Y/n sat down next to him, a small smile placed on her pink lips.

"Hey y/n"
"Morning Oli, so who are you versing today?"
"Hufflepuff, w-will you uh be there?"

Y/n nodded as she drank from her goblet, as Hermione entered the room y/n waved her arm in the air, signally her to where they sat. Oliver left soon after to get ready for the upcoming match. Once they had finished breakfast, the two headed to their dorms to get ready for the match, they adorned warm attire and headed to the fields with the growing crowd. Hermione and y/n sat in the stands breathing into their hands for warmth as they waited for the players to enter the field. Y/n felt a new body of heat sit next to her. Blaise and Draco had invaded Gryffindors stands, earning glares from various students. Before either party could say anything, the teams entered, Y/n leapt up and started waving like a madwoman cheering on her passing friends, Oliver sent a wink towards the girl causing her waves to slightly slow and her cheeks to redden.

The game was fast paced as usual, leaving Y/n with widened eyes soaking up every motion. As her eyes trailed behind the chasers, she heard cheers erupt as Harry held up the golden snitch signalling the end of the game. The two raced down to meet their friends, the Gryffindor team came out first, victorious glints in there eyes. The Hufflepuff came soon after a little defeated, worst of all was Cedric who pushed the sweat off of his face. Y/n jogged up to him after congratulating the Gryffindors. She held out an open palm with a towel in front of the Hufflepuff captain's lowered face. He looked up to see her grinning at him. He chuckled slightly grasping the piece of fabric as y/n was once again dragged away.

Y/n trudged behind Mcgonagall with a slight pout.

"Please professor , I promise I'll organise everything"

"Y/n no, and stop making that face"

Two voices swiftly chimed in from beside her, sandwiching her in between.

"Please professor"

Mcgonagall turned to face the twins and y/n as they held their hands in a beg position with puppy eyes drawn across their faces.

"It's not my place to say, Umbridge has control right now"

Her face contorted into a sour expression as she finished her sentence.

"We promise we'll keep her from knowing"

Tilting her head around the corner, she made sure no one could see them before replying. Mcgonnagol swiftly nodded her head bobbing it up and down

"You are not to have a party"

Y/n giggled slightly before winking at the professor.

"Now leave me alone"

Y/n looped her arms through the twins arms linking them in a somewhat chain like fashion.

"Come on boys, we've got a party to plan"

Y/n lugged her suitcase from her room and opened it in front of the fireplace. Inside was a variety of party supplies. The twins stared confused,

"Why do you have this in here"

"There's no way you knew"

"Always be prepared"

She began chanting a multitude of spells that caused the decorations to rise and place themselves accordingly in the Gryffindor common room.

"Let the celebrations begin"

The twins met each other's gaze before bursting out in choruses of laughter.

"You"
"Dork"

Y/n threw around items from her closet, putting aside a couple pieces to try on. Hermione sat on her bed painting her nails a deep red with gold dashes. For I'm the back of her closet, she pulled out a piece of fabric draped across the hook, it had been the last gift her mother had given to her when they had talked last. Although her parents were not physically there, they tried their hardest to be the very best they could be. As she slipped on the outfit, a small wave of power flurried down her arms causing a slight glow to emit.

Y/n and Hermione walked down to the common room where Gryffindor students lounged around drinking from red cups. Y/n wrinkled her nose in disgust as she caught the sight of two people attempting to make out in the corner. Her eyes lit back up as she saw Harry, Hermione went to talk to Neville leaving y/n to talk to a Harry.

"Hey Harry"
"Uh y/n hi"

The boy berates himself over his awkward fumble of words, although he had known the girl for a while, he couldn't help the butterflies that tripped his words. Luckily, the girl didn't notice his face fumble and instead fawned over his catch.

"-I mean you just saw the tiniest glint of gold and boom it was in your hand"

The nights celebrations lasted until the sun peaked over the edge of the castle as exhausted students leapt into their beds with small smiles still on their faces."