An eye for an eye

Theo couldn't keep his heart from leaving. It rang in a bitter storm of pitter patter as he continued to survey the storm clouds which brewed across the skyline. He hadn't stopped thinking about y/n. The girl had plagued his mind since the fatal night they had shared their kiss. It made his lips tingle as he remembered the moment, giggling to himself softly as he pictured her flustered state. He missed her.

It had only been a couple days but she had been busy roaming the castle quicker than a mouse escaping the clutches of a household kitten. Just the day prior as he had turned the corner, relieved of the burden of any more classes for the day, he had barely caught the whispers of hair which graced the back of y/n's hair when her feet were whisked away by the soft pull of Lovegood's words. His words had gotten caught in his throat in a golden coating of sticky honey and he was left to stare as she walked further towards the darkening forest.

After sulking in his room, the call of Blaise prompted him to exit and commence a 'study group ' with them. Whatever it was, it sounded hellish to Theodore and he would have immediately foregone the prospect if it hadn't been for the puppy dog eyes produced by zabini and Malfoy as they peered up from the long couch. The fire, bounced off of their pupils perfectly, creating an undeniably adorable effect.

So he obliged and they ended up sat within the confines of the library, as they recited wrong answer one after another, hoping to guess at least one before their exam. He had even begun to join in, reciting softly the correct answers the others failed to match.

"Bat spleen"

"Crocodile heart"

Theodore stared at them in utter disbelief,

"Its dandelion root you buffoons"

The other two deflated again as Theodore chose to release himself from his seat in order to search for a more basic textbook, one that maybe his friends would actually read. Instead he stood hidden in the shelf as his eyes latched onto a girl with a certain radiance which drew him in emerging from beneath a table, her hair slightly fluffing up and her cheeks slightly rosier than usual as she rose to stand beside an equally frazzled Harry Potter.

A bitter warmth grew within his chest, constructing his airways just slightly enough for his breath to go ragged as he slowly turned away from the pair. His movement knocked over a textbook which he didn't bother to pick up, instead sauntering off to his table.

"No textbook?"

Theodore gruffly shook his head as the other two shot one another confused glances. Blaise was the first to intercept the silence, attempting to lighten the mood with a joke,

"Come on man, you look like you just got cheated on"

It didn't seem to land very well.

🍵🍵🍵

A set of eyes quickly peered into the lower classroom, darting across the empty space before moving on to repeat the movements within the next classroom she passed. This had been going on for the past hour as the girl swept the dungeons, upper levels and even the greenhouse for a glimpse of the dark-haired male. It was slowly beginning to gnaw at her, the feeling of distress forcing her feet into carrying her faster through the marbled Halls. But there was no sign of Theodore nott.

Almost as if he was avoiding her.

She had pulled at her green tie softly over the past few minutes, causing it to droop and hang loosely upon her collarbone as she continued her search. Turning a corner she felt her head bang against a firm surface. A certain persons chest to be precise.

Now Dean stood before her, an arm upon each of her shoulders as he steadied her carefully in her already distraught state. Taking in her appearance, his eyes picked up on some of the smaller details, like how her eyes were slightly glossier than usual, breath ragged and how a few of her top buttons had pulled loose from the friction of her array of attacks on her tie.

"You alright there?"

Y/n peered upwards at the tall male,

"You haven't seen Theodore have you?"

Dean shook his head slightly at the mention of the Nott boy's name, a feeling of disappointment bloomed within his chest at the girls words.

"I could help you look though"

The two turned towards another corridor, replicating the girls movements from the past hour as they swung their heads through doorways in search of the boy.

They were now on the fifth floor, somewhat exhausted but still continuing. Y/n let a string of giggles erupt from her pink lips as Dean almost tripped on the last set of stairs. Y/n travelled slightly ahead of the male, reaching the first door before he could. Though the door was closed it was far past the time classes ceased, allowing her to push the door open and step inside.

Instead of finding another empty classroom, she was met with a far more graphic scene.

Y/n felt the courage she had gathered over the past 2 hours dissipate rapidly as she stared at the scene before her. It was almost like a renaissance painting, capturing her eyes as they refused to look away, instead beginning to water as they took in the details.

Nott held a ravenclaw girl in his hands sa he aggressively attacked her face. His hands travelled across her body, some desks sitting askew, evident of the way that they had entered with little to no care of being caught. Y/n could feel her breath hitch further when Dean arrived, standing next to her before nudging the girl back into the dimly lit hallway with a soft glance.

Theodore's eyes only flickered up at the closing of the door, catching the girl clad in green robes leaving, and a sly smirk rose upon his rosy lips as he finally let the ravenclaw girl out of his grasp despite her incessant whines.

Dean held Y/n softly in his arms as she let a few tears fall across her soft face. They had walked for a couple minutes before finding themselves in the astronomy tower where Y/n had finally let out her tears. He gently pet her back in the room, their figures only illuminated by the glow of the stars upon the dimming night, and shushed her quietly.

As her tears began to slow she sheepishly looked up at Dean and thanked him quietly. Filling in the silence, Dean turned towards the constellation closest to them, his face had lit up with excitement and he was pointing feverishly at it.

"Look it's delphius, it's my mum's favourite constellation"

Y/n laughed at his childlike excitement before continuing to admire it. Whilst the Gryffindor admired a different kind of beauty.

A/n Guess who's back!!! I missed you all very much  but my exam period is now over which means I have some spare time to get something out for you guys. Give me more suggestions pleeeeeaaaaase and tell me how you're liking the chapters. Also I'm thinking about starting another book but I'm not sure which fandom to go with so let me know.

Love you all,
Sweetandssour

P.s. i know the past chapters are rlly inconsistent especially with the house of the reader, I swear I'm going to do a revamp for it and make it better soon