Sore loser

When Y/n had exited the dining hall with Pansy an hour earlier, following a grand dinner, she had every intention of setting off to sleep earlier than usual. Hogwarts seemed to have a way of making sure these aspirations crashed and burned. Claw rips spanning across the Gryffindor entry and a missing lady seemed to have a lasting effect upon the pupils, leading to what Y/n liked to refer to as a 'mass slumber party'. Just slightly more terrifying.

The Slytherins had set up a comfortable camp, playing with a pack of cards Draco had managed to snap up during his flurry of packing some essentials. Yet he had somehow still managed to forget his pillow, something professor Snape had brought up before the pale blonde could realise for himself.

Y/n paused, gently placing her cards before her so each of the others could peer at her absolute win. Pansy sat in silence, mouth agape whilst the others began their fit of rage. Blaise even managed to accidentally throw his cards in his rampage. A singular queen of hearts escaped this fleeing stack, whipping through the air, it was stopped mid air by the head of a red and gold clad boy.

His head swivelled incredibly fast, glaring at the giggling group of Slytherins who toppled over one another at the sight of the frazzled keeper. After a quick round of scissors paper rock that Y/n had almost immediately lost, the girl was forced to retrieve the card.

Reaching the opposite end of the restructured great hall, she peered through the aisles in search of the flimsy piece of plastic, eyes crinkling at the lack of its presence. A soft voice pierced through the cold air causing her head to travel towards the source,

"You looking for this?"

Oliver wood was now standing, slightly taller than the girl in a set of matching pyjamas reminiscent of his keeper uniform colour wise. He held the card in his right hand with a slight smirk playing upon his features as he continued to stare down at Y/n.

"Yes actually, give it back?"

"What do I get in return?"

Y/n flushed slightly, tinging red from their now close proximity. She pushed up, leaning a hand on his chest, it was now his turn to falter, bringing his hand down slightly, allowing her to pluck the item from his hand.

"Nice pyjamas"

🍵🍵🍵

The great hall was colder at night. It was drastically different to the gold lit hall they tended to spend their lunches in and Y/n couldn't help but lay awake staring at the constellations which kept her company. She could hear the whispers of the professors closer to the hall door, it was just a soft mumbling, too far away to distinguish any words but she knew it had something to do with Sirius Black and Potter. He was looking paler by the day and ominous whisperings of the Grimm certainly weren't helping to any degree. Eventually she drifted off into an uncomfortable sleep, eyes draped upon the moon, almost filled entirely but just short of a full moon.

Y/n snuck out as her friends stuffed their faces in the morning light or what was left of it. She held some bread and eggs in her hand, wrapped in a soft napkin as she found her way outside. Oddly enough Harry was also gracing the halls, only he was far less cheerful than the girl, face pale with unknown troubles prancing through his head.

"Harry"

His head whipped towards her, smiling slightly at the sight of the girl, both of her hands full with food in a small care package of sorts.

"Y/n? Why are you holding food?"

"There's this dog I found outside the other day"

The two began walking into the grounds in search of the said animal.

"So, how have you been lately?"

The boy shrugged his shoulders, almost too used to the question, yet it felt so sweet coming from her pretty lips. They closed in on the willow, seeing a black dog neatly sat a little away from it. His ears perked up at the approaching pair, barely refraining from barking, he instead chose to prance up to the two, jumping up at y/n's legs in anticipation. She chuckled gently before leaning down and opening up the napkin she held in her palms. A few pieces of bread, eggs, bacon and fruit laid there as the dog quickly scoffed it down. Harry eventually leant down too, placing a soft hand on his head to pet the dog who nuzzled into his touch.

The three settled down together for a while with the dog nuzzling his head onto Y/n's lap as the two talked over the soft winds. Harry had busier himself with the flowers which surrounded them. Fiddling with them quietly as Y/n did the same, only a bit more productively, weaving the stems into a loop. First she decorated the black fur of the dog before her with a crown of wood anemone fit for a king. She continued with a second one, nudging the distracted boy who smiled before leaning his head downwards, allowing her to reach up and plant an identical crown upon his head. She laughed at the sight, mentally locking away the image in her mind.

Both shuffled a bit closer, naive to the prying eyes which hooked around the stone corridors, peering at the two in slight annoyance and total wonder.

A/n So this is technically a new chapter but really I'm just filling in the gaps I just left for some reason. I hope you guys enjoy all the Harry and Sirius content and let me know if you have any thoughts on who the spying might be from.

Love Sweetandssour