[EN-] I Like You, Do You Get It? (Oneshot)🌞

Member: Yang Jungwon
Requested by: f4iry_won
TW: Jealousy

Notes: E/N (Enemy name)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

One word. Inseparable. That's how people around me described me and my best friend, Yang Jungwon. We've been friends since we were kids. Most of the time, we will always be together and do any activities together too. Even though we are always together, there will be some time that he will be my great rival, academic rival, for example. Both of us can be quite competitive when it comes to competitions and being top students. Like, I mean, we want to be aces, so why not challenge each other to reach for the best, am I right? That sounds like a healthy friendship to me, as long as you compete on good terms.

"Hey Won! I will beat you in this round first!"

"Nah, not when I beat you first!"

"Hah! I like to see you try that, smart pants"

That's just apart from our normal routine of beating each other in online games. Aside from academic competition, we can also be very competitive in individual category events. Believe me when I say that we are constantly competing with one another. Some people might just give in or let it slide, but not for us. As long as you can compete in a good way, then just go for it. That's what both me and Jungwon hold on to. That's what made our friendship so fond until now. However, I don't know what's up with me these days, to be honest. Every time I went to hang out with Jungwon, I felt a sudden rush of butterflies in my stomach each time I looked at him.

"Hello? YN? Are you there? Earth to YN"

"Oh! Sorry, I'm kinda lost in thoughts"

"Lost in thoughts? I see. Anyway, how's your opinion on that competition?"

"What competition?"

"Someone's not paying attention in class I see"

Oh shoot, what competition? not paying attention? How am I supposed to concentrate when all I can think about is you? a bug that made me feel some weird feelings. Let me refresh my memories first. Ah! Now that I remember, it's a treasure hunt competition that our school is organizing. As upper-level students, we are required to attend this event in order to receive extracurricular credit.

"Yeah...now I remember it...so are we gonna be in the same team or not?"

"Hurm, I'm not sure about that... I think that Miss Kim will update about teams list in our chat group later"

"Do you think that we will be in the same group?"

"About that, no comment. It's good if both of us in the same group. It's kinda be a rare occurance, hahaha"

"Yeah since we are always compete with each other at school way too much"

You heard that right. It's so rare for us to be put on the same team in any competition that we enter. But, deep down in my heart, I really wish that I could be his teammate. Wait, is this a sign that I might already like him? not platonic anymore, but in a romantic way? I shook my head to ignore that thought. That thought can be harmful to our friendship. My other side, on the other hand, simply stated, "There's nothing wrong with liking your own best friend." Wow, what a bold side one that I have there. Suddenly, I felt a vibration from my phone, it must be Miss Kim, as she mentioned that she would send our team list to the chat group precisely at this time.