𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕣𝕜𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕂𝕟𝕠𝕨𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The next day, I hear my bedroom door open and I can hear Toni shouting my name. Still groggy from just waking up, and my back hurting from sleeping against the bathtub, I'm too tired to even attempt standing right now. Toni's head pops around the side of the bathroom door, and when she sees me, she gasps and runs towards me. Her eyes are locked on my hands with dried blood on the top of my palms, while the skin of my palms is red and almost blistered. She runs towards me and kneels beside me.

"What the hell happened?" She asks, and I begin to sit up, avoiding putting any pressure on my raw and painful palms.

I begin to stand and walk briskly out of the bathroom, but of course, she didn't come alone, and I run into a broad chest, nearly falling backwards. Of course, said person makes no effort to steady me, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out who it is. My eyes scan up and a smirking Adrian meets me, but that smirk drops when he sees my hands clutched against my chest and he pales.

"Lina, what happened?" Toni asks in shock as she gently grabs my wrists and scans the tops of my palms and knuckles.

"I-um. It was just an OCD attack, it's fine," I mumble, walking away from them and out of the room, down the stairs into the kitchen. They both follow after me, but Tonis is the first to reach me, grabbing my wrist again.

"Why?" she asks in a whisper, and I lock eyes with Adrian over Toni's shoulder briefly before looking away.

"Um. My books went missing and I had nothing to distract myself, and-" I take a shaky breath, remembering the unbearable feeling of dirtiness. Another tear falls down my cheek at the thought. "I just didn't feel clean and I couldn't stop." Toni's arms wrap around my neck and I freeze. This is the first hug I've had from someone other than my mother in years. I stand frozen at the contact before she pulls away and rests her hands on my shoulders, and her eyes drop back to the red skin encircling my hands.

"I tried to stop. I cleaned my room, but it wouldn't work and my phone died, so I couldn't read on my there either." A small sob leaves my mouth, and I hate that I'm actually crying in front of them. I never do that, I don't even cry in front of my own mother. I usually do it at night after she's fallen asleep, but the memory of last night makes me feel weak, and the strength I once had to hold in my tears has dissipated completely.

"Did your mum move your books or something?" she asks, and a watch as a small tear falls down her cheek too. I lock eyes with Adrian again, who's looking at me like I've just grown a tail and three heads.

"I don't know." I lie using the back of my hand to wipe the tears from my face and hissing as the tear hits the cuts on my hand like I was rubbing salt into them.

Toni quickly wipes the tear from her cheek too, before looking up at me. "Okay, rinse your hands in cold water, and do you have a first aid kit?"

"Uh yeah in the main bathroom upstairs," I tell her.

My SanctuaryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara